Shooting grounds near Derby?

Glenshooter

My lad is going to the University of Derby next year and is keen to continue his sporting clay shooting.

What are the main clay grounds near Derby, particularly ones that can be reached without his own transport? And it would be really handy if it could be possible that they could 'store' his shotgun as well, at least when he gets to know them and 'fits in'. Grounds that have a 'club' atmosphere and are keen to encourage juniors would be perfect.

Any comments relating to Sporting Clay Grounds near Derby welcome! :good:

Thanks in advance.

I think most of those you would need some form of transport. from Auntie.

Was thinking that myself. May take him up some weekend to visit as many grounds as we can and see exactly where they're located. He certainly can't have a car AND shoot!! :lol: Mind you, getting him a car would probably be a lot cheaper than the cost of the 250-500 clays that he's going through every week!!!

Was thinking that myself. May take him up some weekend to visit as many grounds as we can and see exactly where they're located. He certainly can't have a car AND shoot!! :lol: Mind you, getting him a car would probably be a lot cheaper than the cost of the 250-500 clays that he's going through every week!!!

whats he shoot ? sporting trap or skeet ?

I travel through Derby to Not'ts for skeet comps a lot

Doveridge yes... Garlands,well how do i put this, without the mods getting involved ?

Easy,

Garlands is the worse maintained,poorely run & most definately the most unsafe grounds i have ever been too !!

Feel free to question my opinions...

Bta

Edited by biketestace