What air rifle?

Louis_Lempriere

What do you want to do with it?

The HW100 has been suggested by some as the best there is, too heavy for me!

The R10 is pretty chunky and rugged as well, for me the 410 would be the winner for my requirements.

I am not suggesting it is the best (however you want to measure that), just that it would be my choice!

Used them all, never owned any, but a pal has a HW100 .177 for sale right now!

:good:

Using it for a bit of pest control rabbits, squirrels, pigeon and rat. Yes I've looked in to the s410 and it's definatly pulling me towards it! Such a nice looking gun and I think ill stick a MTC MAMBA on the top ;)

3 excellent rifles but as said the Hw is a tad on the heavy side although an accurate rifle,, s410 for me but that is only MY opinion good luck with whatever you choose :good:

Hi, I have a Air Arms S510 carbine with a silencer .177. This is a very good gun, very very quite. Being a 10 shot you can put one shot after the other very quicky if your first shot didn't kill. im currently getting arround 50 shots that will kill before I need to recharge. It has almost no recoil and is very accurate. Ive set my scope to 40 yards at which i take pigeon with ease

I've owned or own all three.

I stuck with the HW100, best rifle I have used and its not heavy if you just take a can of Man Up :-).

The S410 was great but didn't ever feel like it fitted that well (HW100 is just better fitting) and the R10 was a bit of and odd ball and un-reliable.

Ive had an s410 and hw100, there both top notch guns and I cant fault either, the only thing I can say from my experience is id say the hw100 slightly had the edge with build quality, and personally the weight was never an issue for me, I guess if you wanted to be really critical they are slightly heaver than other guns but when your spending that kind of money you want a bit of meat in your hands don't you, that's my ten penith worth anyway... hw100

For your useage I'd recommend the 410, I've had one now have a 510.

If you were target shooting I'd probably go with the HW100, I've shot one extensively and that extra heft gives it slightly more stability when rested.

If it was me buying and maybe wanting to do both I'd buy the 410, then sell it on and buy a 510...or just go buy a 510. Best all round gun I've ever owned.

• 4 weeks later...

ive had a r10, lovely looking gun but too unreliable/problems etc. plus with scope quite heavy(not a problem for me but you sure know it if walking a distance) and with a mod very long.

my dad has hw 100 which ive shot many times, only fault really is the weight, brilliant gun.

i have the s410 superlight, which is very light very accurate( as is the hw100) and imho the best choice out of the three ( cheaper, lighter reliable )

although if cost dosent come into it and you can handle a heavy gun i'd say get the hw100 just on the basis it feels slightly more refined and solidly built.

hi they are all good guns , but try before you buy if you can, because diffrent air rifles suit diffrent people there are some brill air rifles out there now , not like we used lots of years ago , I have tryed most and have found the daystate is for me ,A.T.V.B. border

I use AAS410 .177 Carbine and love it in all ways.

Reliable, accurate and a nice second hand one wont cost the earth if you don't get on with it.

I put an adjustable butt pad on mine to achieve a nice stock weld, other than than it has been plug and play.

The hoppers hate it.

i hope you enjoy whatever choice you make.

HB