MTC Optics - superb customer service

Blunderbuss

Long story, but I dropped my CZ .17 HMR from a height of about 4 feet onto a concrete paving slab a week or so ago!!! :( :mad::cry1:

It landed upside down on the front of the scope (an MTC Mamba Lite), and looked like it had properly mullered it :sad1: I was that mad I just shut the gun away in the cabinet and couldn't bring myself to look at it for a couple of days. However, when I did, things were not as bad as they had seemed.

Remarkably, there was no damage at all to the rifle :yahoo: The front filp-up on the scope had snapped off, and the screw-in ring in the objective bell the flip-up attaches to was badly bent. I just phoned MTC thinking I was facing an expensive repair, if indeed that was even possible. A very helpful lady reminded me that there is a small tool which came with the scope for removing this ring. I dug it out and tried to use it whilst she was on the phone. Unfortunately the ring was that bent that it broke the tool trying to use it. She suggested I try a pair of pliers. I ended up using a small pair of mole grips very carefully and managed to get it out. The rest of the scope looks fine - a real testament to its build quality. It will be interesting to see how much, if at all, the zero has been affected.

I called nice MTC lady back to order a new ring, flip up and tool. She took my name and address, said she would send them to me, and refused to take any money!

Although I also use other more expensive and supposedly 'better' scopes, all I can say is that if you want a sturdy well built scope that handles the knocks and absolutely superb customer service - buy an MTC! :good:

+1. I bought a new MTC Genesis, and when I got home, there was no battery in the scope. I contacted MTC customer service and they apologised and sent me 4 new ones. They said that their scopes come with batteries, and the dealer who sold me the scope, must have taken it out. They said they would 'have a word' with them.

ive got a viper 10x44 and through fault of my own over tightened the sun shade. i dont know how or when i did it but now after removing it, the thread adapter between the scope and the shade is VERY tight and i cant get it out with pliers, rubber grips, mole grips or anything it is not possible to attach the scope lens cover.

sorry for semi-hijacking

but HELP ME!!!!!

I have an MTC Taipan on my HMR , Suits the rifle and the calibre well tbh. Only thing i would say is that the Taipan is a heavy beast and because my 452 is a Varmint model it can be a bit of a chore to lug it around. i know one lad who has had a Viper on his 308 for a while and its never lost Zero. For the money MTC scopes are more than acceptable and like you say the customer service and back up are second to none :yes: Glad to hear your rifle is ok after its tumble as well :good:

ATB,

Pat

• 6 years later...
On 27/03/2013 at 19:26, Elmer Fudd 1 said:

ive got a viper 10x44 and through fault of my own over tightened the sun shade. i dont know how or when i did it but now after removing it, the thread adapter between the scope and the shade is VERY tight and i cant get it out with pliers, rubber grips, mole grips or anything it is not possible to attach the scope lens cover.

sorry for semi-hijacking

but HELP ME!!!!!

Hi. I have a similar problem. Have you been able to resolve this ?

I had my MPR serviced and wrapped my connect up in a fleece for the journey home to keep it safe. On arriving I realised that the house key was in said fleece, so I whipped it out of the kit bag and spun the scope across a block paved drive. It landed on the sunshade and badly bent it. I eased it back to shape and the scope is as good as new. 

I also have a Viper on a 308 with no issues other than making sure it's tight. 

Edited by Mr.C
Sp