Clay /flush shooting in Herts

hitclays

The Norfolk Flush is going on tour this summer.The first away day is in the village of Preston Herts (between Hitchin and Stevenage) on Sunday 23rd June,starting mid morning.

There will be a sporting as well as the flushes.Each shooter will shoot at well in excess of 100 clays and the cost will be £25 p/p.Which includes free food in the local pub after the shoot.

I am after numbers to see if that date is viable,so anyone who fancies it,add your name to this thread.Its open to non PW members as well as us lot.You dont need to have a full team (flushes will be shot in teams of 3 or 4) as individuals wanting to shoot will be put into teams prior to the day.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's a clay " flush" then?

X number of traps throwing numerous clays in the air.

Teams of shooters (4) in this case will try and shoot as many as they can in a given time. At Norfolk and I suspect the same here at Preston 75 clays in 90 seconds.

Philr and his tean 2 weeks ago, only dropped I think 13 over 3 flushes of 75, bl%dy good shooting.

A real fun day and a chance to meet loads of PW People

Edited by bakerboy

So what's a clay " flush" then?

It's jolly good fun and gets your heart racing.

Basically, 4 guns in 4 stands. 75/100 birds get thrown up into the air - it's a free for all, shoot as many as you can! Sounds easy...but in the mayhem of it all you stumble on loading, you try firing 3 shots from your over and under. Worst case scenario - you run dry of cartridges and have to watch while the other guys shoot your birds and rack up a score.

Does the "Special"award come back to be awarded again with this Flush?

Just remember it is not just for the worse shot, it could also be for the person who moaned about his own shooting whilst still hitting most of the targets, you know the type "if I gave it just a little more lead, if I had hit that it would have been a straight) no one is safe from receiving this award.

If it is not coming back then do you want me to supply another just for the "Herts Flush"?