just a thought what would life been like is germany won?

beeredup

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the British are angels was it not us that invented concentration camps in the Bore War when we rounded up all of the wifes and children and put them in camps then staved them to death just for the hell of it what about the Aborigines in Australia we killed thousends of them just for being Black I am not saying that the Germans did not do bad things in the past but we also have a lot of blood on our hands.

I'm not looking to absolve anyone of anything.

I think that you may have missed my point, it being a counterargument to those members who indicate agreement with the actions of the Nazis on the basis that it would be preferable that they had won the war so that the murder of ethnically undesirable residents in the UK would be, or would have been, a possibility. THAT is what was being hinted at if you strip away the revolting coyness behind the posts.

Or another one to think of what would it (the world) be like if the British Empire/Commonwealth had of sat the second world war out and left the Germans to it. Would the Japanese have been defeated quicker? Would we have eventually fought Germany? Or would the Soviets have taken all of Europe?

yeah its a scary thought and thats what i was thinking! i certainly wasnt hinting we would be better off just thinking what differences. my Grandfather won many medals in the war and it just seems to me that our goverment has gone far too soft!! i was certainly not fishing for or creating a post to allow others to promote their bigotted ideals!

It would have been like this

The%20corpses%20of%20prisoners%20laid%20

And this

265362d1303261723-jasenovac-exterminatio

And this

gh6j.jpg

And this

NaziExecution.jpg

Anyone who can seriously suggest that the utter horror inflicted by the Nazis on the occupied countries is better than the living in the UK now needs to take their head outside for a dump.

Disgusting, I'm ashamed to be associated with some of the comments on this thread.

i must agree the nazis were murderous monsters who enjoyed what thet were doing! My great grandfather told me a few stories of which i will never repeat! Unimaginable things! Im sorry but where is the respect for what was sacrificed in those years by our people? Disgusted to think that this life we have is unapreciated by some when those awful things happened in sacrifice to get us here!

I thought about this as I entered my work place through two sets of turn styles with a CCTV camera on every corner and every isle with memos coming from hr saying that we are not allowed to mention the company at all and we would be orded to give up any passwords for any social sites to help with investigating suspected offenders that speak out about the establishment.

So in reality I think they won. It's just we only see them when we clock in.

Can i Just clarify not all Germans were Nazi's and not all Nazi's were German!

yep, what hitler and his kronies wanted to do isnt nessecarily what the rest of germany wanted or aspired to, we had Winston Churchill who with a little investigating turns out to be an out and out racist yet today we have a huge multicultural society , so what hitler wanted to do hasnt much bearing on what germany is like today or what our lives may have been like if we had lost the war

yep, what hitler and his kronies wanted to do isnt nessecarily what the rest of germany wanted or aspired to, we had Winston Churchill who with a little investigating turns out to be an out and out racist yet today we have a huge multicultural society , so what hitler wanted to do hasnt much bearing on what germany is like today or what our lives may have been like if we had lost the war

do you realy beleive that if hitler won the war he would not of had much bearing on what lifes like today?? I couldnt disagree more! Life would be a whole lot different!

I was listening to someone on the radio yesterday talking about ww2 he said some verry interesting stuff like the maine reason why the Americans did not want to enter the war was that they thought that Churchill was mostly interested in trying to keep our empire and they was quite prepaird to let the Russions sort out europe and let them handle Japan he also said that there was no need to use A bombs at all as the US airforce was already doing as much damage to Japan with there 1000 bomber raids.

I reckon it would have been great if Germany one. I feel the same sense of dread an dejavu everytime the 66 footage is aired. Get over it girl friends, it was our only soccer ball victory and it was back when eveything was in black and white. I don't think the team were all Nazis though, thats a bit harsh.

zapp well said!

i have read lots of german and british books on the war rommels was one of the best and ive has many many heated (slightly drunken) "discussions) with a romanian ww2 expert and historion, and ive come to the conclusion it would have been very very bad if germany had one if not in the long term the definatly in the short. think about it all the jews all the gypsys most the adult population who was opposed to the germans in camps or slavery of worse, millions upon millions dead in the worst ways you could think off........."we wouldent be too bad" !

granted ussr did some pretty bad things includeing nazi style camps that were basicly death camps,and yes the british had the biggest empire ever but we made ours in a very british way.." you you and you **** off our queen vikie wants this!" or only fighting people with spears

but to sugest for one moment that it would be better that germany would have won :no::no::no:

ohh and hitler was not a vegitarian at all one of his frav meals was roast pigeon!

And the British are angels was it not us that invented concentration camps in the Bore War when we rounded up all of the wifes and children and put them in camps then staved them to death just for the hell of it what about the Aborigines in Australia we killed thousends of them just for being Black I am not saying that the Germans did not do bad things in the past but we also have a lot of blood on our hands.

Whilst I agree we invented the concentration camp in the Boer war, and did not treat those inmates as perhaps we should have done, there is a world of difference between the planned, industrial extermination camps that the Nazis ran and the type of camp in SA during the Boer war.

What I find hard to understand is how a man ( any man) can shoot a defenceless woman and child in cold blood like that, even taking into account that it was a war etc.

Whilst I agree we invented the concentration camp in the Boer war, and did not treat those inmates as perhaps we should have done, there is a world of difference between the planned, industrial extermination camps that the Nazis ran and the type of camp in SA during the Boer war.

What I find hard to understand is how a man ( any man) can shoot a defenceless woman and child in cold blood like that, even taking into account that it was a war etc.

That's the scariest bit. As Castletyne said, given the right conditions the butchers and sadists would come out of the woodwork. They were hiding in plain sight then and are hiding in plain sight now.

That's the scariest bit. As Castletyne said, given the right conditions the butchers and sadists would come out of the woodwork. They were hiding in plain sight then and are hiding in plain sight now.

Correct, they were not unique to that generation.

I discussed that picture with some Polish locals in a resteraunt near Aushwitz and they all agreed if not that particular soldier then the next or the next would have pulled the trigger. Sadly a great many became immune to the tasks they carried out and performed their tasks like robots.

Excellent link Zapp, fascinating reading.

Agreed Zapp. As others have said, excellent link. very thought provoking.