half century on osr

swiss.tony

true mate i honestly don't care about numbers what i do care about is the farmers i shoot for they want me there in rain ,snow,cold winds basically a mobile bird scarer but that's what gets me loads of land iv got a got rep round there so land comes very easy now but comes at a massive cost to me in fuel,gear,carts,bullets but its what i choose to spend my penny's on i love it with a passion

too all the newbies this is what you have too do to keep your land or 1 day you might turn up and some1 else is there

cheers turbo

Absolutely spot on Swiss, about being there :yes: One of mine was drilling today and had taken the trouble to tell me. So as soon as I'd finshed a small job this morning, I shot over there. Quite a few crows that lifted as soon as I got there. No matter, threw a hide up and settled down. The wind got colder and stronger. The crows headed off to the other end of the drill, following the tractor. So I upped sticks and had a go at them flying over the wood. Then the snow set in :lol: Stuck it out for anther hour during which time the farmer passed me a couple of times with a thumbs up. Shot a couple but loosed of several shots to keep them off and him happy. Sometimes its a lot more about them than us :good:

Edited by turbo33

Well done mate, i find if you keep the farmers happy one day it pays of with either a farmers friend getting in contact with more land or that big bag just around the corner.

your so right mate only last i was on rape field with dobbin66 of here when my farmer came round for a chat and to see how many we had shot in chatting he said do you want me to ring bloke over road he"s got loads of birds as well im thinking to my self not really iv got more than enough now but what the hell yer sure i replied .

2 mins later short chat on phone and 6 or 7 more 30 acres fields to go at the good thing is it makes its easy when lamping i dont need to drive on a road for miles now so yes once you get them on side its easy and too any 1 who say"s they carnt get land is talking out of there bum hole farmers are begging me to shoot 7 days a week at min so rest of the countrys farmers must be same you must not be asking right

Edited by swiss.tony