Been Quiet Lately..

ETO

Hey guys,

Not been posting much. The OH set off back to camp Tuesday evening and he will be shipping off to Afghanistan Tomorrow. We've been manic making sure everyone has seen him before he goes - his brothers wedding.

And I've been getting into a new sport with the dogs.

This is a video of the pupper and Jack running - the sport is called Bikejoring. It is the only thing I can do that doesn't clash with the commands of gundog training.

It's also a quicker way of exercising them before I go to work.

Next week we will be ramping the gundog stuff up as Pen is going to Catton Hall Game fair. Hoping to enter her into some of the comps - however she's still a little green due to my lack of training - yes I know I am beating myself up for not keeping on top of the gundog stuff with her.

Lou after out go out on the bike went for a drink in the lake and sliced his paw so he's out of action for a while. :(

Anyway I trust you're all well :)

A bit of both. I had a go with a friends pointer and I couldn't keep my pedalling up with him. On flats I let them pull but on muddy bits or up hills I pedal.

And yes - I have a cold and chesty cough at the moment.

Goodness me. Does this not encourage them to pull like a train on the lead after a while? I see a few running huskies in the Forest here it does look fun. Its funny though I was expecting a "you been framed" moment all the while a watched that I suppose I must have been mentally conditioned

Kent; harness = pulling, collar/slip lead = loose leash walking. My dogs are intelligent and I don't insult their ability to differentiate between those two and the words "With me" and "Hike"

Red - you bet! I'm in bright pink too so you can't miss me!

Thanks for the wishes, I had a brief chat with him online this morning. :)

Kent; harness = pulling, collar/slip lead = loose leash walking. My dogs are intelligent and I don't insult their ability to differentiate between those two and the words "With me" and "Hike"

My tracking dog never got the difference after having made the connection of pull = jerk, it made handling the line tricky so I did away with it unless near roads- Harnessed for tracking, slip lead for walking if not loose at heel ! hope it continues going to plan, not something I will be doing personally, I think I might break my neck or run over the dog!

i'll keep my eye's peeled.