what cartridges size for pigeons

Guest cookoff013

30 / 32g 6 works well for me, But whatever you decide to use try them on a pattern plate to decide what choke works best with your chosen cartridge and your gun.

Regards,

+1

just use these cartridges, chuck in 1/2 choke or stick with the fixed chokes you "may" have in the gun. then just shoot.

I use Gamebore clear pigeon for most things in 30gram 6's. if am after anything like crow specifically then I may step to a size 5 shot or 4 for duck ! Having said that though in the open over decoys pigeon should fold to close shot with a 28gram 7.5 shot load !

ATB

Matt

cheap ones?

how about superfast 29g size 6s

£44

Hull Super Fast are hard to beat, we decided (a few of us) just to use the same cartridge all the time....Hull Superfast

If you can get them for that price why not, we have had consistant shooting and none of us can blame poor cartridges.

I have used all kinds and often think they have forgot to load any lead into them, with Hull you will have no excuses.

Hull Super Fast are hard to beat, we decided (a few of us) just to use the same cartridge all the time....Hull Superfast

If you can get them for that price why not, we have had consistant shooting and none of us can blame poor cartridges.

I have used all kinds and often think they have forgot to load any lead into them, with Hull you will have no excuses.

To be honest, i think most cartridges are very similar. I often use 3 or more brands of cartridges when i'm pigeon shooting and the only difference i notice is the recoil.

To be honest, i think most cartridges are very similar. I often use 3 or more brands of cartridges when i'm pigeon shooting and the only difference i notice is the recoil.

100% agree, my point was sticking to same cartridge that gives consistant results.

I have blamed cartridges for a poor days shooting in the past....can't do it with Hull Superfast....it is my fault every time now.