Ppi has anyone claimed? Is it as easy as made out to be?

roy8762

Have a look at the website Money Saving Expert. There are some pro forma letters on there. If you need help with letter happy for you to pm me. Blackbart advice is good - do not use one of the PPI reclaim companies as they take a fair amount of £ for doing very little.

Good luck.

I spent 2 yrs waiting for gladstone brookes who kept telling me I had ££££££££'s to come back, only to be told NO,

also beware, alot of them say no charge, but want you to sign an agreement that any money they recover, they get 47%

Please DO NOT use any of the firms offerring to claim on your behalf. They WILL take a massive proportion of any money you get back!

I have done the work myself, it can usually be started over the phone OR may involve you writing a letter or completing some forms that are sent to you.

You will be asked why you think the PPI was mis-sold to you and you will need an acceptable answer.

There is a vast difference between the banks and credit card firms that I've contacted. Some of them are very proffessional and start the process over the phone and you get updates sent via text to your mobile phone. Other firms seem to put barriers in your path to make the claims process difficult.

Should you have ANY problems the FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN is the way forward. A complaint to that department will sort things out although there may be a considerable wait as they are very busy.

Good luck

T.C.

Thinking about it with a couple of old loans etc.... I's it as easy as they make out???

Basicall Yes, it is relatively easy, but whatever you do please do not use one of these wretched PPI Claim Companies. They will take a fair old chunk of whatever you get back. We did our own PPI repayment claims ourselves and found the entire process relatively easy and straight forwards after we fell into the trap of taking out a couple of loans to pay for a holiday etc and were told that we could not have the loans unless we took out PPI - Completely untrue".

Unfortunately I believe that loans and credit cards are being made far too easy to get hold of nowadays and that the "less better off" are finding that they are finding it far too easy to get themselves into serious financial trouble because of that - Believe me I know because that is exactly what happened to us, we rather stupidly fell into that trap I am ashamed to say and we are only just managing to get ourselves back on track after a good few years of worry!

how do you actually know if you have been miss sold ppi on an old loan?

its when they say you cant have the loan, unless you take out the monthly insurance, they make you belive that should you become unemployed, the loan will be payed off, sounds good and you take out the insurance, but once you read the small print, or become out of work, you realise the way it works and the way they explain it, is miles apart, the loan gets paid off monthly, and if you get back into work you continue with payments

over a 3yr loan I had 3 months off due to illness, so had 3 months payed for me, at £50 per month thats £150, but of course the insurance cost £1800, which I could have saved myself in a different account, used when sick on the payments, and had £1650 left after plus interest

Weird as it is, i started some claims in october last year and the first cheque has just landed through my letter box this morning :)

This dates from a loan i had in 2001 that i was mis sold ppi on. Luckily i found the old paperwork as Lloyds sent out a standard letter saying i did not have ppi (a ploy to get you to drop claim ) I had the proof so the claim went through, after 1 phone interview about 3 weeks ago they have coughed up, with 12 years interest added !!

So if you can get hold of the original paperwork it is not hard at all as they can not wriggle out of it.

I had a couple of credit cards bout 5 years ago with ppi on them.... Fell ill and couldn't make. Payments on them... For some reason or another... Can't remember why... They never paid anything while I was ill and I got a couple of ccjs would I still be able to claim anything... More out of spite than anything as they let me down when I needed help!