Diced rabbit

dazzyboi

If you go with the curry idea, roll the thawed out and dried scut in madras powder.

Anything more complicated than that and you would have to speak to the rottie and she ain't in a good mood :lol:

There is a reciepe section with tons of ideas and I suggest you check out Axe's posts as he likes eating and his bunny burgers are excellent :lol:

No offence Axe :lol:

LB

Defrost.

Sweat off some garlic and shallots in a casserole, remove and keep warm.

Roll the sections in seasoned flour and then brown them well in the casserole (50/50 olive oil and butter).

Reduce the heat, add the shallots and garlic, 3/4 pint of stock and a good glug of white wine.

Add some root veg, a bay leaf, fresh rosemary, mushrooms and check seasoning.

Cover and put in a pre heated oven at 160 for about 30 minutes

Make some beurre noisette roux (heat butter in a pan until the milk solids go golden brown) then add plain flour until you have a wallpaper like consistency.

Remove casserole from the oven and remove rabbit pieces, keep warm

Blend the roux with the sauce heating gently all the time, until just thickening, then blend in some double cream

Return rabbit pieces to the sauce and then to the oven for about another 30 mins

You should have a delicious rabbit casserole, serve with saffron potatoes and blanched fresh curly kale :no:

When cooking in a saucepan is it like cooking chicken?

I.E defrost diced rabbit, add any powders to the rabbit, get a saucepan and put in some cooking oil/butter, wait to melt, add diced rabbit, cook slowely until meat has gone a white/golden brown throughout, add any sauce, cook for 20mins?

I dont want it to be too chewey

When cooking in a saucepan is it like cooking chicken?

I.E defrost diced rabbit, add any powders to the rabbit, get a saucepan and put in some cooking oil/butter, wait to melt, add diced rabbit, cook slowely until meat has gone a white/golden brown throughout, add any sauce, cook for 20mins?

I dont want it to be too chewey

Meat will be chewy if you cook it too fast, dry it out when cooking it etc. Rabbit has little if any fat so you need to make sure it has plenty of cooking liquid so it won't dry out. The reason stews and pies are so popular is probably for that reason, plenty of cooking liquid and longer cooking time over lower heats - allows the meat to tenderise and soften.

God I am hungry now :good:

My favourite is rabbit and black pudding pie with butterbeans and a nice Guinness and Whiskey cream sauce. Luurvelly :good::good::good:

Sounds nice man! Care to post the recipe so we can have a go?

I do spiced rabbit, black pudding and wild mushroom pie and I have to say the combination of black pudding with rabbit is divine :no:

Pin

Here you go:-

In a casserole pan sweat off a small medium onion, a couple of stalks of celery and a decent carrot in olive oil, all finely chopped of course.

Dice and fry the rabbit pieces with the softened veg, I just bone out back legs and loin from the rabbits, the from the rib cage forward goes to the ferrets/dogs.

Add a couple of fresh bay leaves and some fresh thyme, pour in a bottle of Guiness, make sure to get Guiness original and not the cans of draught, which are lovely to drink, but not so good for cooking.

Pop in a medium oven for a couple of hours with a lid on.

Remove from oven and take out the rabbit and put on one side, place the casserole dish on the heat and reduce the liquid to at least half, add a good splash of Whisky and enough cream to make a nice sauce, a good twist of black pepper.

Place the rabbit in a pie dish and add a tin of drained butter beans, top with slices of black pudding and about half as much sliced apple as black pudding (Black pudding and apples - fantastic)

Remove the herbs from the sauce and pour over the pie mix.

Roll out some puff pastry (Buy it, it's not worth the hassle of making it) and cover the pie, making a couple of slits to breathe.

Back in a medium oven until the pastry is golden brown and Bob's your Uncle.

If you've any black pudding and apples left over, try this, slice the black pudding and apples to even sizes, make a sandwich of two pieces of black pudding and one slice of apple, batter them and deep fry them, unbelievable. Makes a fantastic starter or a cracking supper with a glass of Whisky.

If you've any black pudding and apples left over, try this, slice the black pudding and apples to even sizes, make a sandwich of two pieces of black pudding and one slice of apple, batter them and deep fry them, unbelievable. Makes a fantastic starter or a cracking supper with a glass of Whisky.

Mmm :good:

Try this starter :lol:

Large round pastry cutter, cut out and make croutons from some good thick bread

Smaller cutter, cut out some good goats cheese and thinly sliced black pudding (grill this off)

Caramelise some long thin strips of red onion, combine with cranberry jelly, redcurrant jelly or make your own

Assemble warm crouton, then slice of black pudding, then goats cheese. grill until the goats cheese is melting, then top with onion mix, sprinkle some toasted pine nuts and serve with a salad garnish

Absolutely divine :lol:

Defrost.

Sweat off some garlic and shallots in a casserole, remove and keep warm.

Roll the sections in seasoned flour and then brown them well in the casserole (50/50 olive oil and butter).

Reduce the heat, add the shallots and garlic, 3/4 pint of stock and a good glug of white wine.

Add some root veg, a bay leaf, fresh rosemary, mushrooms and check seasoning.

Cover and put in a pre heated oven at 160 for about 30 minutes

Make some beurre noisette roux (heat butter in a pan until the milk solids go golden brown) then add plain flour until you have a wallpaper like consistency.

Remove casserole from the oven and remove rabbit pieces, keep warm

Blend the roux with the sauce heating gently all the time, until just thickening, then blend in some double cream

Return rabbit pieces to the sauce and then to the oven for about another 30 mins

You should have a delicious rabbit casserole, serve with saffron potatoes and blanched fresh curly kale :good:

Now that sounds very nice.I will be trying that!

Mmm :lol:

Try this starter :lol:

Large round pastry cutter, cut out and make croutons from some good thick bread

Smaller cutter, cut out some good goats cheese and thinly sliced black pudding (grill this off)

Caramelise some long thin strips of red onion, combine with cranberry jelly, redcurrant jelly or make your own

Assemble warm crouton, then slice of black pudding, then goats cheese. grill until the goats cheese is melting, then top with onion mix, sprinkle some toasted pine nuts and serve with a salad garnish

Absolutely divine :no:

My last night tonight, then I'm off for 18 days, I'll be having a crack at that :good: except for the pine nuts :lol: