just had some bad news

mikky

Lost my mum exactly a year ago today to the horrible disease. Feel your pain mate. Words escape me to show how sorry for you I feel. Spend whatever time you have with your sister and be consoled that you have given her one of the best things you can give someone, your love.

Be strong for your family but make sure you give yourself some me time too. I had to maintain a strong front for the family but i can assure you there's a few fields I've been on that are still waterlogged with my tears

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikky my dear friend, this is terrible news and I trully feel for you. I have a pretty good idea how you must be feeling and how hard it must be for you right now. Right at the moment I doubt if I am the right person to be trying to give any advice but you and so many others have helped me through the difficult times I had with Marlene so I will do my best.

Try your best to stay strong for your sister and your family, it isn't easy but they need you to be strong more than ever right now so you have to try. Spend as much time with her as you can. Every time you see her tell her how much you and everyone around her loves her.

If there is anything at all that I can do to help please do not hesitate in asking straight away, any time, day or night. Marlene is strong enough to travel now and we will come at the drop of a hat, even if it is just to spend some time and have a chat with you. We are only a short drive away and will drop everything to help you through this very sad and difficult time.

I really don't know what else there is that I can say right now, I wish there were more that I could do to help you but if there is anything that I can do you only have to say the word my friend.

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister, you and all of your family.

The recent situation that I have had to face has shown me that all of us that PigeonWatch Members are one big family and have hearts of gold, and that we are all here ready to help each other, especially through times like this. I am certain that you will find many friends now that you didn't even know that you had from "The PigeonWatch Family" that are here to help and support you.

Sorry to here about your sister mate. As others have said i know to well what a terrible thing cancer is.Lost a lot of family and some good friends to it as well.

My wife had cancer a few years ago but lucky was that they found it in time, still not had all clear but prospects looks good.

Spend as much time as possible with her and remember the good times. Lost my brother to aids at a young age and did not see him often enough as he lived so far away.

All the very best mate. Terry

At work and got a tear in my eye

Stay strong but Don't be afraid to let it out

This is so true Mikky. It's not easy to stay strong at times like this so do not be afraid to let it all out, it is not a sign of weakness. I am sure that there are a great many of us that will cry both for you and with you. I personally don't know if there are many tears left inside me but if there are I will happily shed them for your sister and for you!

We are all here for you whenever you need us!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Sad sad news mikky, you might not be able to sort it but you can be strong and brave for her. She will need that now more than ever!

Enjoy the time you have got and try and put it to the back of your mind whilst you can carry on as normal!

Best wishes

Adrian

HERE, HERE,

Sorry to hear the sad news mate, be strong for your sis,

ATB

Flynny

I feel for you pal. Spend as much quality time together as possible. I remember when my mates mum died from that terrible disease. Her sons had fallen out and hadn't spoken for 2 years. At the end she said 'it could have been worse, could of been a heart attack and then I wouldn't of have had my sons with me, these past few months I have really enjoyed us all being together'. Her lads were all still so upset but at the end she was at peace knowing that her sons had sorted out there differences.

Show her your love and don't let her have any regrets

Sorry to hear about the bad news like its been said I know some of us are a long way away but we are only on the end of a phone if you want to talk to any one !

The big c is a evil disease ... My mam is just beginning to recover after breast cancer and reconstruction and the mother in law is currently really bad with non hodgkins limfona ( excuse spelling )

Don't forget we are here !!!

Scott

Hi fella,

Bootstrap pulling time. With your sister's days numbered, you need to be the support to help her get through a time that will be increasingly difficult for her. Plenty of time to feel sorry about stuff once she has gone. So, it is Bucket List time!! Speak with your sister and find out all the things in life she would like to try to achieve before it is too late; your role will be to help her achieve as much as possible. If possible, post the list on here-maybe some of us could help with some of her list.

NEVER be afraid to cry, NEVER be afraid to ask to talk to/with someone and NEVER be negative in front of your sister, this is your task for the future.

It sounds harsh, but I lost my sister when she was 27 to cancer - and also my father 2 months earlier to the same thing. The worse year in my family history. Both had Bucket Lists and felt trying to achieve the goals gave them a reason to keep pushing on.

So, chin up, ever onwards and make the most of every second. You cannot fix the problem, but you sure as hell can help sister make the most of her time.

Good luck fella.

Beretta 06

Hi fella,

Bootstrap pulling time. With your sister's days numbered, you need to be the support to help her get through a time that will be increasingly difficult for her. Plenty of time to feel sorry about stuff once she has gone. So, it is Bucket List time!! Speak with your sister and find out all the things in life she would like to try to achieve before it is too late; your role will be to help her achieve as much as possible. If possible, post the list on here-maybe some of us could help with some of her list.

NEVER be afraid to cry, NEVER be afraid to ask to talk to/with someone and NEVER be negative in front of your sister, this is your task for the future.

It sounds harsh, but I lost my sister when she was 27 to cancer - and also my father 2 months earlier to the same thing. The worse year in my family history. Both had Bucket Lists and felt trying to achieve the goals gave them a reason to keep pushing on.

So, chin up, ever onwards and make the most of every second. You cannot fix the problem, but you sure as hell can help sister make the most of her time.

Good luck fella.

Beretta 06

+1 on this post.

Sorry to hear your sad news , my thoughts are with you and yours.

There is nothing I can say that will make you feel better.

But you are in my thoughts.

The Memsahib is fighting the wretched thing at the moment so I understand.

Wont know the outcome there for some time yet.

Be strong mate - Others need you.