show us your hide

fletch2

Untidy Motty. You'll be telling us soon that the ejected cartridges are an attractant! However you do seem to shoot more than your share so perhaps it doesn't matter too much.

I am normally very tidy in the hide, but i was shooting from that side with the semi. I always have a go at the bloke in the picture when he ejects his spent cases from an o/u in the hide - i hate standing on empty cases when trying to shoot.

Got a question!......................

In wind, do you chaps use guy ropes on your hide? I hate the netting blowing all over the place, I can sort that by trapping it under the bars I welded on the bottom of the poles for stamping them into the ground but in windy conditions the poles work loose in the ground - does my head in! the foot bars are about 10" up the pole so, when they're set up, there's 10" in the ground.

In wind, do you chaps use guy ropes on your hide? I hate the netting blowing all over the place, I can sort that by trapping it under the bars I welded on the bottom of the poles for stamping them into the ground but in windy conditions the poles work loose in the ground - does my head in! the foot bars are about 10" up the pole so, when they're set up, there's 10" in the ground.

Common problem I'm sorting guy strings/cord and pegs as we speak I think para cord..

I used some washing line poles and made them into clip on cross sections.

I have one of the "g" hooks at each end, it clips around the thinner part of the hide pole perfectly.

I use para cord and tent pegs along with cut branches to lay in front of the hide to stop it blowing.

Edited by pigeon controller

Good solid home made tent pegs and para-cord and some of those little black plastic spring clips keeps it all nice and secure.

Thanks again, I'll get busy with the paracord! Though I do like chrispti's idea of braces - I'm trying not to add much more weight, it takes two trips from the car as it is!

I only use 2 cross section poles, one across the front and the other on the side where the wind is more or less coming from.

Its just 2 extra poles in the hide pole bag.

Edited by chrispti