Price for rabbits?

Teal

Just wondering seeing as I should all being well be applying for my FAC very soon (in the meantime will be on my parent's ticket :lol: ) buying a rimmie, will gamedealers pay much for rabbits, I don't want to say i'm going to be shooting thousands in case it doesn't work out but what I will say is that there are plenty there to be shot!!! Is it worth taking them to a gamedealer? Failing that what else to do with them, theres only so many one man and his dog can eat :beer:

Currently my game dealer pays 60p for rabbits, guts in, shotgun or rifle shot. Through the year the price varies between 40p and 60p. In the Spring and early Summer clean killed rabbits will make about 80p.

Several people I know sell their rabbits privately, skinned and paunched, for between £1 and £1.75. A lot of people buy them for pet food.

Local butchers can present a good market if you are able to guarantee a regular supply of good quality bunnies.

Q :beer:

Will my local zoo gives me £1.50 each if they are done with air rifle/rimmie or netted, shotgun ones cleaned and gutted about £1 depending on time of year.

And like Q said butchers love um if you can give a constant supply I used to then I got engaged!

I think gamedealers will pay more for clean (netted, not shot) rabbits. As for what else you can do, buy yourself an industrial mincer. Paunch and skin your rabbits and whack them thru it, store it in margerine tubs and freeze it. But if you dont fancy doing that - only take what you want/need (or can sell) But whatever you do NEVER WASTE ANY THING. because if its just thrown in the bin, it might as well be running around a field.

I know a bloke gets 70p for a good clean netted rabbit.

If your in it for money, start long-netting for hares, or lamping then you'll get a few quid each. Or even better, lamp for deer, then you get bout £150 for 4 good sized deer (well, i know sum1 who cud)

(Guts in and skin on) I'm getting 40p for a shotgun rabbit, or 60p for a headshot one.

I get £1 for head shot gutted small young rabbits in the Spring and Summer.

Skinned and jointed, the pub will pay £1 per rabbit.

I have been told that there's a Halal butcher which will pay £2.50 for live netted rabbits. (Rabbit is a delicacy but their religion means they have to be Halal slaughtered, whicn means that rabbit meat is hard to get)

We poach. But we also have a lot of permission. Just last Night (well this morning 00:00-04:00) we were lamping off the van. It wasnt a very good night, but we didnt go home empty handed. I managed to 'neck' a hare alright, (never done a hare before) I know its the same as doin a rabbit but obviously they're a lot bigger and stronger.

It was my first time on the back of the van, and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

(I wasnt lamping, jeff was. Billy was driving. I ran the hares with jeff though)

Next time I think I'll ask billy if i can drive the van (im only 16. lol)