After some advise about a neighbours dog !!

mad1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I dont agree with dogs running loose and ******* where they like , I very much doubt it will kill Ivy.

If it does however would you be good enough to get them to bottle some up and send me as I have some even weed killer will not shift !!!

had a dog dumping in my yard,complained to the owner,he didnt want to know,,,,,i saved all the parcels in a bucket for a few months,mixed it with water,dog came in ,called it over for a biscuit..and then dumped the lot all over it.......he got the message

mikky

had a dog dumping in my yard,complained to the owner,he didnt want to know,,,,,i saved all the parcels in a bucket for a few months,mixed it with water,dog came in ,called it over for a biscuit..and then dumped the lot all over it.......he got the message

mikky

Lol, remind me never to take a dump in your back garden

mikky

Coffee on computer screen. Its a good idea.

A electeric fence might work.

So what you are saying is this dog runs across the road and pees on your fence if it was pooing in your garden ok but a bit of wee my mind boggles how petty can people get.

I think it's more the fact that the dog is out of control. If the ops dog managed to get out and attacked the dog doing the weeing then I'm sure they'd soon be moaning at him for having a "dangerous dog".

I like the electric fence idea. However you'd probably have to put up a notice saying "Bush electrified" :lol:

Sounds like the ivy is down his garden and the dog is coming onto his property to pee on it, a fencer unit and a short stripe of electric fence and some insulators positioned correctly should have the desired effect, use a hose to make sure the ground is wet first for full effect

I always find that my dog dont like things being chucked at him even if you miss, so maybe a soft tennis ball or something. I do this to my dog when he not listening, he then knows Im not messing about. But remember just something soft and its just an idea of my own so dont know if it will work in your situation.

Edited by Boromir

U could try either a hose pipe or water ballons and catch him in act. Neighbours might not take it too well thou.

Otherwise just put a small fence round about ur plant's roots bit off rabbit net or something might be the easiest so dog pee's on that.

Another slighlty daft option which might work put a post/bucket/big flower pot (basically a target/marking post) in ur garden out off ur way and encourage ur dog's to pee on it, possibly the other dog will then pee on it instead.It will be trying to claim ur garden as it's territory and so wil be attracted to that to cover up ur dogs scent. Might work and save upsetting neighbours.

Edited by scotslad

A mate of mine had an issue like this so he put his bin in his gateway, the dog came into his garden for the next three days squeezing past the bin , on the fourth day he put a good half inch smear of copper grease all down the side of the bin that the dog was squeezing past. It never happened again.