Some training clips

WGD

Thanks Ian, also makes it easy to pick out your own mistakes... like why throw a distraction into the path of the returning dog :oops: Should have been out to my right. Also sounds like I am balling at him, I'm not, the phone just got closer to my gob when I was watching him and not the screen :lol:

As you say, much easier with someone else on the camera - time no 1 son embarked on a new career I think!

Edited by WGD

@WGD

That is one well trained, well behaved pup. How long have you been using the whistle on him ? And what would you say is the best way to train to whistle ?

I have an 8 month Vizsla and have been trying a whistle for about 2 weeks now but it didnt seem to be working, plus I'm not sure what to do !?

Cheers

only add a whistle to commands which the dog is 100% on. ie recall only add whistle when dog is recalling every time to voice. and add directions to whistle once recall and maybe stop whistle has been delt with. other wise you are training the dog to ignore you whistling at him /her good luck. get the dog staedy to commands by voice first.do a bit of stop whistle while walking abround at heel, and every so often tell the dog to sit voice hand and add the whistle. keep doing this over weeks it will not happen in a week. and it will soon sink in what your asking. slowly over weeks take out the voice command for sit or stop (still while at heel) and just use whistle and hands to tell the dog to sit and correct the dog as you need to..

@WGD
That is one well trained, well behaved pup. How long have you been using the whistle on him ? And what would you say is the best way to train to whistle ?
I have an 8 month Vizsla and have been trying a whistle for about 2 weeks now but it didnt seem to be working, plus I'm not sure what to do !?
Cheers

Edited by danspence2012