harrycatcat1

Ceramic frying pan

Does anyone use one of these and if so are they good?

The reason I ask is that ours has seen better days and I saw one in the Saturdays weekend guide for £25 + £5 postage.

Whats your opinion?

Regards

Hcc

Get a cast iron one, fantastic, I have two one that has griddles on it and recently bought a stove top griddle that can take 3 or more steaks.

Get a cast iron one, fantastic, I have two one that has griddles on it and recently bought a stove top griddle that can take 3 or more steaks.

I think this looks like the route I shall have to take as the ceramic option seems to have been blown out the water, thanks. :good:

Regards

Hcc

I bought a ceracraft ceramic frying pan a few weeks back and its very good, cant fault it, never sticks and you can just wipe it clean if you wanted.

I left some pork chops on and left them on a little too long and they were so black :blush: , the pan just wiped clean with kitchen roll. :good:

Regards

Hcc

Thanks, I was looking at some in Asda, and they seemed quite solid and well, made. I wondered if they were the same.

Don't get a Stellar one. I got one as I like our other Stellar stuff , and which I thought would get sizzling hot, to seal the meat; it doesn't, it's carp.

I have to admit if I had read the reviews I would not have bought one :no: I didnt see them before buying

But mine has been and is great, I cremated some pork chops the other week and the pan was clean within minutes, no scraping just wipe it.

Best frying pan my missus has had and she would moan about anything given half a chance, in fact she wanted a teflon frying pan and only agreed to the ceramic one when I told her she was old fashioned :lol:

I can now see why folks are against them but mine is fine, if it alters it will go back and have my money back.

Its up to you but I wouldnt swap it :no:

Regards

H

Just done an experiment tonight and broke 4 eggs and put them straight into the frying pan without any oil,fat or anything just a dry frying pan and cooked them.

My missus warned me "dont effin burn that new pan!!"

Once the eggs were cooked they just slipped out of the pan and just wiped the pan clean in the bowl with the dish cloth, no bother at all :good::good:

Home made chips cooked in lard and dried fried egg, cant beat it :lol:

Regards

H

My girlfriend bought one, she loved it. I put it in the dishwasher. Apparently you're not supposed to do that. Everything sticks now. She's not happy. I keep telling her she should just use my lovely cast iron ones but she can't lift them easily. Guess I'll be buying another, though they seem pretty gimmicky to me.

Let us know how it fares in the long term.

Still going fine, can still put eggs in without any fat or oil and they cook fine and slip out when fried, cant fault it. :good:

Put some bacon in the other day, I like it crispy, no fat and cooked perfect just wipe the pan clean.

Regards

Hcc

i just bought a cheap one, cant fault it, i was supposed to destroy it camping, but it ended up in the kitchen as a regular.

Which one did you get? I might have to give these a go.