Ceramic frying pan

harrycatcat1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the shopping channel ads for ceramic pans, an over enthusiastic american chef demonstrating the effects of a 4ILB lump hammer on an "ordinary" frying pan, he basically smashes the hell out of it and even gives it a good whack on the counter top just for good measure, then tells how the ceramipan deals with such treatment by giving it a little tap in the centre, His assistant is immeasurably flabbergasted at how this pan survives such a hell of a beating.

Gimmick if you ask me. Professional chefs do not use them. I got mine from Nisbitts had it all of 8 years now, Made by Catering classics.Nothing sticks to it and the heat distribution is still top notch, its aluminium with a very long metal handle that has 3 good stout rivets holding it on, one of the main weak points in any top brand pans you can buy.

Edited by fatchap

Love the shopping channel ads for ceramic pans, an over enthusiastic american chef demonstrating the effects of a 4ILB lump hammer on an "ordinary" frying pan, he basically smashes the hell out of it and even gives it a good whack on the counter top just for good measure, then tells how the ceramipan deals with such treatment by giving it a little tap in the centre, His assistant is immeasurably flabbergasted at how this pan survives such a hell of a beating.

Gimmick if you ask me. Professional chefs do not use them. I got mine from Nisbitts had it all of 8 years now, Made by Catering classics.Nothing sticks to it and the heat distribution is still top notch, its aluminium with a very long metal handle that has 3 good stout rivets holding it on, one of the main weak points in any top brand pans you can buy.

I have to say I have never belted my ceramic frying pan with a hammer but my wife does sometimes burn stuff to a cinder such a bacon and it still comes clean and does not stick.

Must have got one of the good ones :good: If it starts sticking I will bash it with the hammer :lol::lol:

• 9 months later...

Seen them today at Lidl they have a two year guarantee :good:

edited to say yer cant fault them for less than a tenner :good:

I should have bought one from Lidl as my ceramic frying pan is just showing signs of wear after 2 years, I wouldnt say its cream crackered but no where near as none stick as it was when it was new.

As a guide it only gets used about twice a week, fried eggs and sausage and sometimes mince, steak or chops, so its been used an estimated 208 times. How long should a frying pan last? I dont know.

Regards

H

• 3 weeks later...

Iv'e got an old BR cast iron frying pan which has been in the shed for 20 yrs, its as rusty as you like.

Must clean it up and have a fry up. Also got a skillet which will hold about 15 eggs and a cast iron cooking pot.

Takes two to lift it. The rubbish i collect.

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Fantastic,  thanks , that will do for me.

Do you have to be a member of Costco? 

Yes.  Do any friends have cards? 

I’ve  tried other non stick and they are not a patch on these. Never used oil since I bought them, even for eggs  

The big one is the perfect size for making quasadillia. 

On 05/01/2018 at 20:36, markm said:

Yes.  Do any friends have cards? 

I’ve  tried other non stick and they are not a patch on these. Never used oil since I bought them, even for eggs  

The big one is the perfect size for making quasadillia. 

I have got my daughter on the case as she has a card, she went to get me some today but not available in store, only on line so she said.