kit carrying options

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you need is an argocat, or failing that, a fishing foldable barrow. Cost about 60 quid and you can strap poles/gun to it, lots of bags for carts, decoys, pigeons etc. + sturdy wheels designed for going through mud (if you get a good one)

I too use a folding fishing trolley. I overcame the wheel / mud issue as far as I could by going on line and buying pneumatic sack truck wheels with inserts to reduce the centre down to the size of my trolley axles. They are wider than the original thin wheels and therefore spread the load better and do not dig into mud as bad as the original wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have struggled with this issue and ended up buying a Carp Barrow – wheel bogged down with mud and ended up abandoning my whole kit mid field, unloading and making several trips back to the car. Thereafter, sold the Carp Barrow and came to some simple solution: -

1. Less kit! The first to go was magnet and battery

2. More field craft - spend time watching

If you have a 4X4 and the farmers permission to destroy more of his crop than the pigeons then by all means drive over the field and take all the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

hi yer i use a carp quiver bag. ive got the five rod one it has a good size main compartment plus 2 outer ones. 1 takes my gun there are five valcro loops on outside at top and five pouchers at bottom these take my hide poles and floaters. magnet + batt net carts fuds fold up seat lunch all in main compartment all in one bag. i added another shoulder strap so i can carry it on both shoulders like ruck sack it is about 120 cm high and 500cm wide chuck a bag in for dead birds though