kit carrying options

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at the AirFlo boat seat for trout fishing.

I use an old fishing box and trolley too. The box contains 2 nets, 12 FUDS, 12 shells, spring sticks, head prop wires, big clamps for nets, ear defenders, battery for rotary, empty hessian sacks for dead birds. The cartridge bags, rotary with arms and poles all strap to the top of the fishing box with bungee straps. I carry the gun. It is a bit tricky on uneven ground but its even worse with all that gear tied to me. The one thing I need to find is a suitable cushion for the box as you get a square backside after a full day sat on the box.

I use a large decoy bag from AA decoys. Placed a very large plastic bucket in bottom to add some strength and acts as a seat when emptied and upturned in hide. Bag fits battery, 100+ shells, 30 shell decoys, other kit and lunch. Bag has an outer sleeve that will fit poles, gun in slip, and 2 winged decoys on bouncers or magnet arms. Then arms free to carry magnet. This is manageable on way out but generally have 2 trips if a successful day with a bag full of pigeons.

Important to load the bag up carefully so nets are against your back rather than the decoys/batteries etc.

Anyone made a trailer that can assemble into a mobile hide? Thinking of a small trailer with big ATV wheels. Would be easy to have hide pole fittings and adjustable legs to set trailer level. If light enough could use as a wheelbarrow but could hitch onto ATV when access permits. I have access to the trailer parts but not the shooting to justify it...maybe something for when I retire and spend more time shooting?? :):)

cant do links but google lidl and click on offers for 02052013 .theres a folding utility trolley 60 quid folds up to nowt and would carry even the most tackle tarted shooters gear .looks like a mini farm trailer but being lidl will probably last a few years

Anyone made a trailer that can assemble into a mobile hide? Thinking of a small trailer with big ATV wheels. Would be easy to have hide pole fittings and adjustable legs to set trailer level. If light enough could use as a wheelbarrow but could hitch onto ATV when access permits. I have access to the trailer parts but not the shooting to justify it...maybe something for when I retire and spend more time shooting?? :):)

Hi mate me and the misses are looking at building a round bail hide on the back of a small trailer that we have (seen one on sporting pics. show us your hide on P.W.)mainly for air gunning as top accces / vision would be restricted .

Regards Martin

I`ve just seen an electric golf trolley in the local paper,only 60 pounds.What do people think about its viability as a pigeon barrow?

I have one of those but I use it for golf. Brilliant on the course but I would have thought the wheels would be too small for going over the fields. The main ones are about 9" diameter and the front one is only about 4 - 6" diameter. It gets clogged up in snow and mud as well. Mine is a Powacaddy but I don't think it is robust enough to go over the farms. Whatever you use you need large wheels (pneumatic wheelbarrow wheels) otherwise they will not be stable enough.

I use a kit bag like the old sailors kit bag. It has 2 straps to go over your shoulders and positions on the outside for poles, bouncer poles etc. In mine I have room for 24 shells and sticks, 6 full body deeks with detachable wings, mallet, 2 nets, carts, flask, jumper. When I have it on I put the seat over the top, gun in one hand, whirly on one shoulder and battery in the other hand. It stands about 3.5 - 4ft tall and about 15-16" in diameter. Got it off one of the shooting web sites. It's the dog's danglies.

Edited by Uncle Albert

• 1 month later...

I bought the trolley below for £20 from Amazon and a fishing box for £5 at a car boot sale. All the ammunition. hide and decoys etc. fit inside the box (and the dead pigeons can go where the ammunition used to be, well that's the theory!). Poles and seat sit on top of the box held by elastic straps. Works very well EXCEPT after rain when the wheels just clogged up with mud which made it very difficult to move

I plan to make a skid plate to go underneath so that on muddy days it will slide rather than roll as the wheels are quickly removable.

attachicon.gift1.JPG

I use one of these too with fishing box. I fold up my fleece lined gun slip for a cushion.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I use a golf cart trolley thing which is great when using the bucket seat as that sits on the bottom and everything else on top of that all attached with bungie cords and had big wheels on it and very easy to pull for a mile or two, either that or a bring an excited mate along with me who doesn't care what he has to carry as long as he gets in the hide

This my current modus operandi.... Two supermarket home delivery crates secured to a basic fishing barrow with quick release cable ties. (I really need to "acquire" another green one from that expensive supermarket,.. and ditch the horrid blue one from an inferior outlet) Being over 6ft I had to lengthen the handles with some copper pipe to avoid keep bashing my skins the front of the barrow.

All the stuff fits on nice and snug and gets lashed down with a few bungees.

I only really use this to get from the road or farmyard to the shooting field, as most my set ups are currently down tracks or broad headlands. It's fairly lightweight, and only take a jiffy to load and unload if you need to lift it over a gate or style.

The downside is that it is the mother from hell to push over bumpy field margins. You need to be Geoff Capes.... And on drill or bare soil the wheel balls up with mud and stops.

But it saves me a long carry till I get to the actual field, then I hide it in the hedge, and handball the stuff to the set up point.

post-65606-0-63648900-1381612276_thumb.jpgpost-65606-0-07966600-1381612287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longchalk

Hi Guys

I have just purchased a fantastic Garden cart from Aldi it has 4 inflateable tyres , is pull along. and steerable . I looked at theese 3 weeks ago at £49.99 this weekend it was down to £29.99 .

The body also tips up and as I need to move 4 large dumpy bags of shingle from front of house to the back I could justifie the purchase with the chef shooting permission officer.

I have taken some pics. I eill up load later

• 2 weeks later...