Asda fuel v food

955i

Asda drop fuel prices by 2p, same day chicken burgers go from £1 to £1.48, pak choi up 10p, mini-corn up 30p

All passing the saving onto the customer :lol:

Boycott the supermarkets now people unless you want them dictating the future of shopping and fuel :no:

Your mad if you use supermarket fuel anyway especially if you have a newish car! It cancels out your warranty if you have any engine problems and also clogs up the filters due to the additives Eric that they add in to it!

Royal

How slanderous!!!! What utter nonsense!!! Provided the RON (Research Octane Number) rating of the fuel is correct (certified after additives etc) is correct for your engine, buying from supermarkets is perfectly acceptable. Using the wrong RON creates engine knock, which is highly damaging, although most new cars have engine management systems that can correct the fault automatically, at least to a certain extent.

I would imagine the supermarkets would be screaming 'slander' if they read your comments. I have two new cars and neither warranty mentions such nonsense.

How slanderous!!!! What utter nonsense!!! Provided the RON (Research Octane Number) rating of the fuel is correct (certified after additives etc) is correct for your engine, buying from supermarkets is perfectly acceptable. Using the wrong RON creates engine knock, which is highly damaging, although most new cars have engine management systems that can correct the fault automatically, at least to a certain extent.

I would imagine the supermarkets would be screaming 'slander' if they read your comments. I have two new cars and neither warranty mentions such nonsense.

+1

Your not forced to buy the foods from there. So just fill up with fuel. Then get your meat from your butcher. ;-)

Your mad if you use supermarket fuel anyway especially if you have a newish car! It cancels out your warranty if you have any engine problems and also clogs up the filters due to the additives Eric that they add in to it!

Royal

Can you provide a source of this information?

Using the "wrong" fuel may well cause warranty problems but what has this got to do with supermarkets?

Said it before, if you tell people often and long enough how much you're saving them a good section of society will believe it. What do ASDAs ads do? exactly that; both via the media and in store on radio ASDA.

If they didn't spend so much on advertising maybe they could actually bring some prices down!!!

Don't use ASDA any longer prefer Morrisons for the following reasons :- stores less crowded by muppets and internet shopping staff, no constant barrage of instore advertising via the PA, no trollies and pallets all over the place blocking aisles, greater choice of products.

Morrisons is a little more expensive but worth it for the less hassle shopping.

Having said that other areas' Morrisons branches may not be the same.

Get my petrol from a local Shell garage which is close enough to ASDA and Morrisons to force it to be competative on price.

EDIT

Remember a TV interview between Trevor McDonald and the CEO of Walmart a few years back.

CEO says if Walmart ever got a foothold in the UK market they would really show us what prices should be like. Well they have and they are.............******. Done ranting...for now

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Royal

whos eric ?.

Said it before, if you tell people often and long enough how much you're saving them a good section of society will believe it. What do ASDAs ads do? exactly that; both via the media and in store on radio ASDA.

If they didn't spend so much on advertising maybe they could actually bring some prices down!!!

Don't use ASDA any longer prefer Morrisons for the following reasons :- stores less crowded by muppets and internet shopping staff, no constant barrage of instore advertising via the PA, no trollies and pallets all over the place blocking aisles, greater choice of products.

Morrisons is a little more expensive but worth it for the less hassle shopping.

Having said that other areas' Morrisons branches may not be the same.

Get my petrol from a local Shell garage which is close enough to ASDA and Morrisons to force it to be competative on price.

EDIT

Remember a TV interview between Trevor McDonald and the CEO of Walmart a few years back.

CEO says if Walmart ever got a foothold in the UK market they would really show us what prices should be like. Well they have and they are.............******. Done ranting...for now

I'm not following that and I'm not interested in any debate about which supermarket is cheapest, but how can you knock Asda prices and then say Morrisons is more expensive?

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Must admit, I've noticed a price hike on some of the stuff we buy from ASDA.

On a similar note I used to buy some microwave ready meals (ASDA and Sainsburies) to take to work, but whilst glancing at the box noticed in very small print that they are made from chicken from Thailand!

So now having a rethink, looks like making butties might be the way to go :hmm:

Guys I'm only going off what happened to a mate of mine! He bought a brand new gsxr 1000 bike and within a couple of 1000's miles his engine failed, he took it back to suzuki and it was all going through the insurance nicely until a nice young lady rang up and asked him where he last filled his bike up! He said tesco and it all went down hill, they told him that supermarket forecourts arnt classed as official petrol stations and that his warranty was zoid!! Like I said guys it didn't happy to me but I promise you its the truth as the guy is my best mate.

Also I know a few taxi drives and all of them have said they use either shell or BP as even though tesco etc is cheaper they actually get more MPG per tank so doesn't work out any cheaper in the long run!! God knows why but taxi drivers are tight ***** so it has to be true!! Lol

Royal

Guys I'm only going off what happened to a mate of mine! He bought a brand new gsxr 1000 bike and within a couple of 1000's miles his engine failed, he took it back to suzuki and it was all going through the insurance nicely until a nice young lady rang up and asked him where he last filled his bike up! He said tesco and it all went down hill, they told him that supermarket forecourts arnt classed as official petrol stations and that his warranty was zoid!! Like I said guys it didn't happy to me but I promise you its the truth as the guy is my best mate.

Also I know a few taxi drives and all of them have said they use either shell or BP as even though tesco etc is cheaper they actually get more MPG per tank so doesn't work out any cheaper in the long run!! God knows why but taxi drivers are tight ***** so it has to be true!! Lol

Royal

Royal

Your mates been mugged off. All forecourt sales places have to be licenced fuel resellers (licenced by HMRC) ............. bet Tescos are known to them ! I'd be taking action against suzuki if it were me. Serves him right for not buying a proper bike though :)

Oh yeah and taxi drivers love perpetuating the odd urban myth too dont they !!! tin hat on :)

Edited by spanj

Fuel does vary from garage to garage though what ever people say! I run my bike on the old super dooper shell stuff(can't remember the name at the minute) but the other week my light came on during a ride so popped into BP and used their equivalent and the bike ran like a piece of poo till I got home and emptied the tank and refuelled with shell! Maybe its just my bike is a women and doesn't like change but it was a hell of a difference??

Royal

all the fuel in the midlands regardless of seller name comes from fazeley depot.the individual sellers b.p./shell etc just ad their own potions engine cleaner etc.so its just a fob off for fridays engine from suzuki.sue the *** off them the goods were not fit for purpose .fuel is bought n traded in bulk at rotterdam n flogged accross europe .they dont want to pay for a badly put together engine.and thats illegal

I'm only guessing but could they have a slight case if what tesco's add to there fuel could affect performance etc?? I'm only asking the question guys as I havnt got a clue as it wasnt my bike? Don't shoot the messenger!! Lol

Royal

(Petrol analysis and fuel performance engineer)

I'm joking!! Lol

Tesco - good for organic chicken, the best presented bananas and organic tomato, disgraceful marketing cons, unhappiest and least helpful staff

Morrisons - best for breads and red meats, most everyday items are very competitive and least likely to play dirty marketing tricks

Asda - often the cheapest of the main four if you shop very carefully but let down by a downmarket atmosphere despite having the best lighting

Sainsburys - doesn't do anything particularly well, very poor lighting and layout compared to the others, prices aren't the most competitive

Lidl - very expensive as it's a trip to get a few cheap items and a few unnecessary things you'd never buy otherwise as nobody actually needs them :lol:, embarrassing atmos

M&S - excellent quality lacking in choice and too dear for regular weeklies

Edited by Hamster