A GOOD NIGHT OUT.

Frank

Picked my freind up at 9 pm, quick check on the zero, of my CZ .223 and off.

It was his turn to lamp, as i lamped last week and he got 11. :):no:

The farmer on this farm, wanted the foxes gone before he went lambing, as he lost 14 to foxes last year. :D

He was on to me to start soon, so i have to keep him happy.

The night was foggy in places, but i knew this might happen, so had my bait down for the past week, high up in the valley. ;)

We got into the hide, eventually, after being frightened half to death by a grumpy badger. :o

Gave it a miniute or 2 to settle, then on with the lamp and their, 2 foxes, munching away, squeeze boom :D , pop, first down. Second one ran, crossed a large river :o and sat on the otherside of the bank, ranged it, 221 yds :good: , ok, sdeady, dont moove, whizz, THUD, number 2. :good: .

Waited for 1/2 hour, lamp back on, another, number 3, keep coming mateys. :D

After waiting nearly 40 odd mins and nowt, we got the hot flask of coffe out, warmed us up no end.

Lamp back on, 2 more, feeding away, FLAMING nora, where are they coming from? :good:

Got first one, the second began running towards us, totally confused, i shouted, HAY, he stood a split second, BOOOOM, echo, echo :lol::P , number 5 in the bag, top stuff.

The fog started getting worse, by then, so we called it a night went back to the farm.

Their we met, one happy farmer, who said, 'Dont stop coming men.' ;)

He kept us their a while, telling tails of ghosts ect :good::P

Pic below, of the charlies, could not retreive number 5, as it was a 2 mile rough country hike to the bridge, to cross the river, so i will collect him tommorow, in daylight. :)

Frank.

post-992-1163564642.jpg

Thanks magman. :no:

It was a big fox that was shot on the other side of the river id say, so it should be fun carrying it back for me :good::good:

Off soon to go their, am exusted, after satying up late, with the farmer, listening to ghost storys, gossip ect. :good: :good:

Frank.

Thanks all very much for your nice comments. :no:

Stuart, you gussed it :yes: , its fishy. :D

John, iv just started, will see how i go. ;)

Poacher, i am BUSHED :lol: , just about keeping me eyes open here. :lol:

Loved it though :lol:

When i went for the fox today, i arrived at the farm, but the farmer was out on bussiness, could not get him on the mobile :lol: , so went down to the river, walked the 2 odd miles, got to wear the fox roughly was, seen where he fell and blood, NO fox. :o :no:

Looked up and down everywhere and by this stage, i was soaked, rain was seeping down my neck and i started to think of haunted places, after the conversation we were having with the farmer last night :lol:

Just got back to the farm and was getting in the car, when the farmer pulls up and says, 'looking for Mr fox?, yes i tell him and explained to him how i was searching for him.

He then said to me that he buried him in the local bog. :oops::good::lol:

Frank.

Well done Frank :lol::lol:

Thought you had stopped going foxing or summat :oops: Glad to see you're back at 'em tho, keep it up :lol:

Doc told him to lay off it for a while after he complained of growing red fur in odd places :good::yes::lol:

Same as Miffy said, good to see you at them again Frank :D Give'em hell :yp:

:lol: :o ;) How did you know John? :o :D:lol:

Chewy, i thought the same thing me self. :D

Best of luck with your high seat Alex :no: , hope you strike it lucky mate. ;)

Thanks miffy, i got carried away with the ferts this year, but will try and be consisitant with the foxes. :lol:

Thanks all. :no:

Frank.