Talk Talk...

leeds chimp

I was with them for about 3 years I had problems with the rootter that they sent me instead of just changing it they had me talking to an Indian chap for hours then they said we will send you a new one but charge you £30 for it so I bout one myself a new one for £18 worked fine. then I had problem with the outside box but they insisted on sending one of there people out so I had to wait a week for him to arrive with no phone only to be told the problem is outside he cannot do anything you need a BT man so I had to wait for them to contact BT and send someone to fix it. The final thing they did was to phone be up and say your contract is due for renewal it was not a good time for me and I told them to give me a couple of weeks to decide then a few days later I had a letter thanking me for agreeing to anther years contract that was it I switched to plusnet it was cheaper as well then the final kick in the teeth talk talk said that I had to pay £100 for to end the agreement that I had not agreed to in the first place in the end after much bother I paid them off and vowed never to touch the thieving ******** again.

i left sky about 4-months ago to go with talk talk..

every thing went through smoothly and internet/phone has been problem free so far !

as said about £18 a month for first 9-months then £21 i think it is for the last 3-months im paying..free evening/weekend calls annd unlimited internet..

i was a bit unsure at first on weather to go with them as had heard some horror stories,,but so far so good and the price is right !

Edited by simjakcal

Mate I was with sky and moved to talk talk about 4 months ago, all went smoothly but I only got a 1.2mb download which was much less than BT. Anyway I complained and they knocked my broadband down to 50p a month and promised that as soon as fibre optic broadband turned up in my area I would be the first to be informed and be priority! Anyway the engineer came around on Friday and fully fibre opted me up and waivered the £30 connection fee, I now have a 46mb download connection and there only charging me £10 a month. I happy as a piggy in poo, poo!! Lol

Royal

I've been at loggerheads with Talk Talk since the start of the year, long story but if everything is going ok, no problems. Hit any problem and its a nightmare. Every call is answered by someone who gives their name a Dan or Alan, but quite clearly are in India, each call lasts around 30 minutes. I complained about an issue and they asked if I wanted to cancel the contract, I said No. The following day the line went dead, to be told that I 'needed a new exchange' :hmm: Upon further questioning it appears the clueless idiot had cancelled the contract against my instructions, so I moved to Sky :good:

They've still tried to bill me every month since for some admin fee, until I finally spoke to someone who agreed to waive the charges, I'm still not convinced its over but time will tell.

I will never entertain Talk Talk again you have been warned.

I've been at loggerheads with Talk Talk since the start of the year, long story but if everything is going ok, no problems. Hit any problem and its a nightmare. Every call is answered by someone who gives their name a Dan or Alan, but quite clearly are in India, each call lasts around 30 minutes. I complained about an issue and they asked if I wanted to cancel the contract, I said No. The following day the line went dead, to be told that I 'needed a new exchange' :hmm: Upon further questioning it appears the clueless idiot had cancelled the contract against my instructions, so I moved to Sky :good:

They've still tried to bill me every month since for some admin fee, until I finally spoke to someone who agreed to waive the charges, I'm still not convinced its over but time will tell.

I will never entertain Talk Talk again you have been warned.

Unlike you I could not be bothered to fight them much as I wanted to it was not worth it I wanted to hit someone and so decided that they was not worth me getting worked up about so I sent them the money and vowed to do all that I can to advise other people not to get ensnared by them god I still hate them.

my deal with Plusnet was £114 up front for the first years line rental then £3 a month for broadband beat that if you can.

I'm also with Plusnet, line rental up front and I pay £2.50 a month for broadband! (It was £5 per month, but I complained about something that wasn't exactly their fault, and they halved the broadband cost!) They're a decent company. I was with TalkTalk for a while - if everything's working, fine - they were cheap and I had a fast connection. But their customer service was ****, lies, tricks, incomprehensible people on the phone, promised broken...

Was with TT for 5 yrs then last yr had nothing but chew.internet slow,no access to emails. Complained, promised to sort it,they did'nt so I said I would leave.They tried to charge me £78.00,as I was ending the contract. I asked for a manager and told him firmley that they had not met the conditions within my contract and for that reason I would not be liable to pay the £78.00.It was dropped & I left.

While things are working their o.k get a fault and they are a nightmare,asbolute ****, left them in february.just my experience with them.check out talk talk forums and decide for your self, plenty of horror stories there.but then, no provider is pefect.