177 how far kill

matty thud

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stoogey any one actualy bothered to dowload chairgun? it's the maths..the fact.. bar anonolies in the tools..

was chairgun around 7 years ago?

was about ooo..near on 10 or 11 year ago that i can think of, not under hawk scopes though, was oroginaly written and offered for free or donasion by a guy who used the proceeds to keep a dogs home going, or to my knowladge at any rate.

tbh i seriously learnt it all the hard way, no tutors no interupters....the moment i found a yardage, and a wee bit of maths the whole thing was just soooo easy.. like 30 year ago. no puters..all there was was a the god named tasco and the better scope was a cheepy nasty awfull jap ****....with heat treated lenses!.

airgun mags are desided to make money and entertain, to do so they have to apeal to trend and 'general knowladge', watch QI to see how much general knowladge is no where near the fact.

Edited by stoogey

Pop gun squad never fail to impress me... :lol: ...gets better as the threads go on.. :yes: .. I can see this one joining the ranks of the "PW Gold"

Stoogey, there was a post by a member a few pages back,

"as i said on the last long range superhero post, there used to be a bloke who would offer the challenge of 20mm targets at 84 yds.

he'd give you a tenner for every one you hit, and you give him a tenner for everyone you missed.

strange that no long range superhero's ever took advantage of this easy money to be made"

Judging by your posts this shouldn't be much of a feat for you..!!!!!!!!!... :rolleyes:

So it wasn't chairgun? and then theres the shots you used to be able to do but can't now?

I bet you've seen a cow climb up a tree too? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no but i've had one rabbit out of tree..only 15 yards though lmao! fu real..it was sunbathing up on a big branch.

anuva true story... :lol:

ahh dear, you must have looked at the vid...200 yard hitting cans in .177 and legal limit and by a woman too...BTW WW2 sniper list, the best were women, and THE best for both behind enamy lines and infront, was a woman.

extra strong mints at 80 yards..yes..thats a rabbit head btw. but..eeeee it a bit far

now we've overly covered how easily you all miss...lol and how imposable it is for you's all....hahaha yawn.

No one’s said its impossible, all anyone’s questioning is whether its a responsible thing to do and fair on live quarry. I personally think it’s outrageous and I’m sure I’m not on my own

no but i've had one rabbit out of tree..only 15 yards though lmao! fu real..it was sunbathing up on a big branch.

anuva true story... :lol:

ahh dear, you must have looked at the vid...200 yard hitting cans in .177 and legal limit and by a woman too...BTW WW2 sniper list, the best were women, and THE best for both behind enamy lines and infront, was a woman.

extra strong mints at 80 yards..yes..thats a rabbit head btw. but..eeeee it a bit far

now we've overly covered how easily you all miss...lol and how imposable it is for you's all....hahaha yawn.

No one’s said its impossible, all anyone’s questioning is whether its a responsible thing to do and fair on live quarry. I personally think it’s outrageous and I’m sure I’m not on my own

No ones said its impossible, all anyones questioning is whether its a responsible thing to do and fair on live quarry. I personally think its outrageous and Im sure Im not on my own

No ones said its impossible, all anyones questioning is whether its a responsible thing to do and fair on live quarry. I personally think its outrageous and Im sure Im not on my own

definately not alone!!!!

Absolutely! Silently praying no Antis have been reading this. (if you are reading this, we think he's irresponsible too!)

and..that is why polotics and life in general is becoming nothing more than fearsome quible about popularity..an anti is emotionaly involved, there for is definatly not the one to 'dictate' over truth surely...

end of the day add up the cost to life as well as money when rodends are given writes over humans...by the time every one has pussy footed about we're left with name calling and superiar voises shouting pruvardo..no truth, and no sence.

a sniper can take a bloke out at what? 2 mile? 3 mile..depends who you talk to dunt it..eather way the other 2000 people in a platoon cant hit the side of a barn at 1/2 a mile..so do we ban all snipers because the average doods cant?...thats were the silly starts.

HFT distances are exseptable..if your up to it, if not the rest is down to personal 'responcability' not some arm chair worrior...

edit..the whole point of making us ponce about the bush is just another angle to get you to do what they want...its playground polotics in full play. we argue amoungst our selves in fear of upsetting them, do you see? its a disruption in class.

Edited by stoogey

and..that is why polotics and life in general is becoming nothing more than fearsome quible about popularity..an anti is emotionaly involved, there for is definatly not the one to 'dictate' over truth surely...

end of the day add up the cost to life as well as money when rodends are given writes over humans...by the time every one has pussy footed about we're left with name calling and superiar voises shouting pruvardo..no truth, and no sence.

a sniper can take a bloke out at what? 2 mile? 3 mile..depends who you talk to dunt it..eather way the other 2000 people in a platoon cant hit the side of a barn at 1/2 a mile..so do we ban all snipers because the average doods cant?...thats were the silly starts.

HFT distances are exseptable..if your up to it, if not the rest is down to personal 'responcability' not some arm chair worrior...

edit..the whole point of making us ponce about the bush is just another angle to get you to do what they want...its playground polotics in full play. we argue amoungst our selves in fear of upsetting them, do you see? its a disruption in class.

I'm sorry, I hung in there as long as I could, but you've lost me there. I have no idea what most of that meant. except the bit about the sniper, which is just wrong. The longest confirmed kill by a sniper was a British chap called Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison and it stands at a smidge over 1.5 miles. (incidentally it took him 9 shots to hit the target, then on the 10th and 11th he made two clean kills, but that's by-the-by). That has been certified by the Guinness World Records, although there is a case for a couple of Aussie snipers, but neither of them know which one hit the target as they shot at the same time at 1.8 miles. As to the rest of your post, errrr...?

Well I'll muddle through and try and respond!

I think there was something about vermin and damage to the crops, or something? Yes, vermin damage is a nightmare for farmers, but we should all kill cleanly. wounded animals all over the place doesn't solve the numbers problem and give shooters a dreadful name. I would rather be a good ambassador for the sport than be able to brag about idiotic shots that shouldn't be taken. You tell a non shooting person that you can make a kill at 80+ yds with gun and then they find out that the rest of the airgunning world wouldn't shoot anywhere near that, you're going to look at best deceitful and at worst an appalling example of the sport.

Edited by chrisjpainter

I'm sorry, I hung in there as long as I could, but you've lost me there. I have no idea what most of that meant. except the bit about the sniper, which is just wrong. The longest confirmed kill by a sniper was a British chap called Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison and it stands at a smidge over 1.5 miles. (incidentally it took him 9 shots to hit the target, then on the 10th and 11th he made two clean kills, but that's by-the-by). That has been certified by the Guinness World Records. As to the rest of your post, errrr...?

Well I'll muddle through and try and respond!

I think there was something about vermin and damage to the crops, or something? Yes, vermin damage is a nightmare for farmers, but we should all kill cleanly. wounded animals all over the place doesn't solve the numbers problem and give shooters a dreadful name. I would rather be a good ambassador for the sport than be able to brag about idiotic shots that shouldn't be taken. You tell a non shooting person that you can make a kill at 80+ yds with gun and then they find out that the rest of the airgunning world wouldn't shoot anywhere near that, you're going to look at best deceitful and at worst an appalling example of the sport.

the first bit is about how the anti's are ruling your life, simple things like being afraid, or too 'astute' to say things...a basic human right formed by the nato lads after hitlers shinanigans.

and the last i heard was a bout a canadian who's spotter filmed it and you tubed it..the sniper was courtmartialed under some pritty dubious reasons.. so like i say, it depends whwere and what you here really doesnt it.

can eather of us prove eathe statement? we werent there, and even if we were who'd beleive it.(after some ridacule and casting asperasions..etc..the childish playground poloticks is an actual term for kids argueing, only its applied to adults using the same methods of spinning, side tracking and picking non sence about anything other than the topic).

i often find it hard myself, understanding why others have difficulty.. as a confirmed dyslexic ive had to deal with plenty more than should be, 30 year ago if you were rich its was popular and you got a psycologist..if not, you got smacked harder and shouted at louder to help your insulent lazy thicko self lol..beleive me i get the drift).

why does every one assume its the others problem?

Edited by stoogey

stoogey u missed the bus mate! the way your wording things makes it sound all interesting but realy its just a load of horse ****, your saying you have taken shots at some stupid ranges, and boasting that your a brilliant shot its a pity you lack common sense tho pal!lets hope you dont have proppa fac rifles i can see you shooting at 2000yd rabbits with a 222!!!! if your gunna shoot at stupid ranges please dont share it here because we/i dont want your bad publicity tainting the rest of us, sorry pal but iv no time fir cowboys

stoogey u missed the bus mate! the way your wording things makes it sound all interesting but realy its just a load of horse ****, your saying you have taken shots at some stupid ranges, and boasting that your a brilliant shot its a pity you lack common sense tho pal!lets hope you dont have proppa fac rifles i can see you shooting at 2000yd rabbits with a 222!!!! if your gunna shoot at stupid ranges please dont share it here because we/i dont want your bad publicity tainting the rest of us, sorry pal but iv no time fir cowboys

you were given info..whats and why's, the truth, you assumed the rest and went for it.. beyond that i care not tbh. bin there, dun it, got the T shirt, and still i dont beleive the 30 yard crape..

informasion isnt always there for the entertainment, its there to think about..digest then make a desision on, what diference to me does any of it make? you can stuff popularity in the section marked epeceries..wether or not its spelt right lol..

you've seen the clip on you tube (presumabley) so you know 200 yard can popping is more than posable...therefore i'm boasting how hot i am? i've even exsplained the play ground poloticks...

what are you on? ther yu go...some piffle to argue about

i was there at the time..for 30 years of it, i saw it, i did it, now how on earth am i to beleive it carn not be dun?...........

now lets get back on trak with 'personal responability' and antis and huuuuuuuu cant say thats. with...arguing like kids? are you sure you should be let lose with a gun?

The last time Matty Thud, the original poster replied was first post Page 2. This is page 5. I think it's fair to assume he's got his answer - and more besides. We're in danger of seriously drifting off course here, so it's probably not worth carrying on. If people want to give themselves headaches over these debates let them, and they can supply their own aspirin too. this thread has probably gone way past producing any useful tips to the debate...