how to shift my gun quick at a fair price?

matty*

i posted a post not so long ago about going from my o/u 20g to a semi-auto 12g.

i was undecided but have now made my mind up and found a nice semi-auto.

ive had my gun on a few sites up for sale but now i need it gone and asap but at a fair price tho.

ive dropped my price by quite a bit but feel if i drop it much more its getting silly but i dont want to lose the chance of this semi-auto.

i dont have the money to by semi out right at the moment.

and ideas?

thanks

matty

Unfortunately any quick sale usually involves taking a bit of a hit. Could you perhaps organise an overdraft with the bank? If they will lend you the money cheaply it will give you more time to get a good price. Whether that works or not depends on the bank charges and the difference between what you think the gun is worth and what you need to knock it down to for it to sell fast? If the charges are less than the drop you need to make it's worth doing.

Trade it in against the semi. The gun dealer will be able to get more for it than you can and hence may well give you more for it than you can get privately or at least a similar amount, without all the associated agro. Alternatively, you may get a bit more if you ask him to sell it on commission, but that involves more waiting. Hawk it round a few dealers and see what they will offer. Everyone wants to get a high price selling, but a low price buying, you will have to be realistic about its value.

thanks for all the comments lads sold the 20g to a dealer yesterday and they gave me a very good price and best of all just put a deposits down on a beretta extrema in synthetic pick it up monday :good:

Nice one :) you will not regret buying the xtrema! Had mine for a year and love it.

Edited by WelshAndy