Which to buy?

Vulcha

I am looking to buy a new airgun, i am only 15 and do not have enough money to buy anything over £300, i have found two guns which i like but i do not know which is better, they are a BSA Supersport or a Cometa 300, I would like to know which would be better for shooting rabbits before i buy one, any replies would be appriciated

The first rifle I ever owned was a supersport and I still remember it fondly, it is a great rifle.

The only thing I would say is if you do go for this rifle then make sure you buy the little arrestor block that screws behind the scope mount because the scope can move due to the recoil (this block stops it completly).

The other rifle I would look at is the BSA lightning, it is the same general rifle but with a silencer and a better scope mount.

Mark

Thanks guy's, so the BSA Supersport is the better gun? Is £184.99 a good price for this gun with a Simmons 3-9x40 Hunting scope and PRO Mounts? Oh, and where can i get an arrestor block from? Sorry to ask so many questions, but i have no idea, i've only ever used my uncles airgun so don't know alot about where to buy things and what good prices are and so on and so forth...

Welcome to the forum Vulcha, I can attest to the BSA as I own a Lightning, for the price I think its a better buy than the Supersport because it basically is a SS but it has been improved on, eg : Maxigrip scope rail which is a real help as these rifles are hard on scopes, you get BSA s own Volumetric silencer, which is super effective and the overall price difference isnt that big, itll cost you more to do these things after you buy the Supersport, and you will want to do them once you start hunting, I put a Simmons 8 point 3-9x40 on mine as they have replaced the Deerfield range, the glory is youll have plenty of change left to buy a decent mount and a gun bag if you want, but shop around as prices vary.

I have read a few reviews about the Supersport, Cometa and Lightning, the cometa sounds **** now and the supersport doesn't seem as good as a lightning, thanks for reccomending the Lightning, it looks great and says in most reviews it is accurate, but how bad is the silencer prblem?

Well mine did come loose when i first bought it even though some glue stuff was put on it,but it wasn't that loose just a v. small looseness if thats the word.I gave it a good tighten and its fine now.its a very well balanced gun and all,when i got rid of my old gun i just went hunting every night and it just kept killing the rabbits,are you getting a .22 or .177 and have you done much shooting before?

Well mine did come loose when i first bought it even though some glue stuff was put on it,but it wasn't that loose just a v. small looseness if thats the word.I gave it a good tighten and its fine now.its a very well balanced gun and all,when i got rid of my old gun i just went hunting every night and it just kept killing the rabbits,are you getting a .22 or .177 and have you done much shooting before?

I would prefer .177, because i am used to using a .177 HW35

well personally i don't think having a zoom scope on an airriffle is a absolute necessaty(cant spell it) i don't have one, but my friend has a nice simmons on his lightning and to be quite frank it is not as if your gonna be shooting long distances.i'm not saying i wouldn't mind one but i'm not going to spend the money on it.With regards to .177 being more accurate than say a .22 it probably is but theres the argument about which is better, which goes further,which is a better killer and so on.....

With .177 holdover/under isnt as big an issue than that of a .22, anyway in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, that .22 is an FAC calibre, .177 flies nice at 12ftlb, anything over this and I think its wasted. I find that having a zoom scope makes longer range shots far easier as you can see the target a lot clearer. But as the man said its all down to personal taste.