Which to buy?

Vulcha

Vulcha,over the years i have had all sorts of scopes on all sorts of airguns and IMO i'm with brain dead,at the moment my main airgun is fitted with a 6x42 fixed mag scope,in the past i have had variable power scopes on airguns and to be honest once set up i have never moved the magnification if your watching the money a 4x or 6x will be fine :beer:

If there is anywhere that you can have a go do it as this is the only way of knowing what suits you, once you start straying into pcp territory you are talking bigger money, plus the added cost of refilling if you go for a divers bottle, but check with your local Fire Brigade as someone on another forum got one with its full test certs for £20 quid.

I started with springers because I want to be surprised as I make my way upwards towards pneumatics. :lol:

Vulcha, as to your earlier question about the price of a combo, yes thats a good price.

So long as you tighten the screw before and after shooting you shouldn't have a problem, you could try using clear nail varnish to hold it together, don't use glue, too difficult to take apart.

My prefered caliber is .177 as it has a flatter trajectory. Accuracy is more important than anything else, if you miss what good is that? either caliber will be equally effective if it hits. As to comments of over penetration, rubbish, just use the right pellets! .177 ammo is cheaper too.