Max Clifford CHARGED

evo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant stomach max clifford i got stung by the biggest scam in timeshare history at the lanzerote beach club its bad enough getting legally? robbed but they employed him to stand up for them and give them good pr mr ******* even if he didnt do anything i hope he gets found guilty and rots in jail

Now lets think you are charged with an offence , you are asked and where were you and what were you doing on july 26th 1979!! how the hell do you defend yourself?

KW

They have to prove his guilt - he doesn't have to prove hs innocence.

1 count,, well that would make you think, did he or didn,t he ??? but 11 counts now that to me seems pretty serious and the CPS obviously think they have enough evidence to charge him

Having just been on jury duty, I think he police and the cps just try their luck regardless of the quality of the evidence.

They have to prove his guilt - he doesn't have to prove hs innocence.

how does that work then its simply their word against his, my question is why wait 30 odd years before making a complaint?

KW

how does that work then its simply their word against his, my question is why wait 30 odd years before making a complaint?

KW

Good question. I'm under the impression that the police and cps need to be seen to be doing something after the Saville fiasco. Might Clifford had sex with under age girls? Very possible - but under what circumstances?

I'm wondering why the father of every pregnant 15 year old is not charged with rape too.

We may all be facing trial 30 years from now for shooting rabbits - no comparison with the Max Clifford situation but times and emphases change.

If he's guilty, then he deserves all he is going to get. If he is innocent he will never recover from the slur -no smoke without fire etc even for him

Now lets think you are charged with an offence , you are asked and where were you and what were you doing on july 26th 1979!! how the hell do you defend yourself?

KW

Hate to do this again KW, but I agree with you. Being charged is not the same as being found guilty. CPS must be sure of some conviction if they are releasing this stuff..

We may all be facing trial 30 years from now for shooting rabbits - no comparison with the Max Clifford situation but times and emphases change.

If he's guilty, then he deserves all he is going to get. If he is innocent he will never recover from the slur -no smoke without fire etc even for him

+1

i cant stomach max clifford i got stung by the biggest scam in timeshare history at the lanzerote beach club its bad enough getting legally? robbed but they employed him to stand up for them and give them good pr mr ******* even if he didnt do anything i hope he gets found guilty and rots in jail

A low point for PW forums

Evo, I'd hate to be looking for a fair trial at any jury you were sitting in. Even though somebody has been charged it only means they are now ready to move forward and try to establish guilt, Still along way to go I'm afraid.

Evidence in these type of cases seem to be worked on the volume of probability that the crime did happen; in other words if enough folks step up and say he done it then they tend to go with that. Remember the the Derek Bentley case (I think that was his name) See how long it took him to prove his innocence and yet he was convicted on the evidence of what One copper THOUGHT he said/did. I'm afraid the justice in this country is reknowned for getting it wrong - even when it is so obviously untrue.

Sleep well my friend and hope no one makes an accusation against yourself - you will find it very hard to refute what they say :yes:

Pushkin B)

Wow, I hope that you are not picked for jury duty. What an absolutely **** statement to make and what a topper you are.

KW

i no where I was , I'd been to nursery and was just havin my milk and rusk before I went to bed at 20.00 :). :). :)

KW

Why would they need to defend themselves? It's a question not an accusation. The answer that any sensible person would give would be "that is nearly 34 years ago nobody I can't remember" (unless it was a memorable date such as your wedding for example).

They are unlikely to be able to prove that he committed each of the alleged assaults unless there are independent witnesses. So they think there is enough similarity between the allegations to demonstrate a pattern of offending. Maybe the alleged victims all claim he did or made them do something distinctive enough that their evidence supports each other. The risk with that is that if one of the alleged victims can be undermined, eg as a liar or nutter, the whole case falls down.

Edited by paul65

I take it you mean the partner of every pregnant 15 year old? In which case I agree with you!

Yes, the father of the unborn child of every pregnant 15 year old. I wouldn't even call them 'partner' - that implies some sort of responsibility.