Max Clifford CHARGED

evo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so long ..I might be led to think that theirs some cash /easy cash to be made if One complaines now and points the finger.... as has been said proof needed !!! One only had to be in same venue /room / or such like with Clifford and he ho He did this ,

makes you wonder how all these Rock Stars have got away with it for so long with all their "Grouipes ""

I am trying to remember how old my first girl friend was !!!!!!!!! Was she the right age ??? In fact was I under age ????? what then was the Age ??????

Ah but I can remember my first alcholic drink !!!!!!!!!!!! Must have got my prioritys right then !!!!!!!!!

henryd / blunderbust i can fully understand your comments and if i hadnt been turned over for 20 grand in a scam and me and my family thrown out of a hotel complex that had knocked my flat down illegaly i can see that you would be right but max clifford took money off of them and tried to give them good pr enabling them to rip off over 100 more people i thought the only people that should stand up for criminals were lawyers and that is there job and i am fine with that max clifford is scum and i hope he rots (not that i am bitter and twisted) also i have been on jury service and enjoyed it its every honest persons right

henryd / blunderbust i can fully understand your comments and if i hadnt been turned over for 20 grand in a scam and me and my family thrown out of a hotel complex that had knocked my flat down illegaly i can see that you would be right but max clifford took money off of them and tried to give them good pr enabling them to rip off over 100 more people i thought the only people that should stand up for criminals were lawyers and that is there job and i am fine with that max clifford is scum and i hope he rots (not that i am bitter and twisted) also i have been on jury service and enjoyed it its every honest persons right

That isn`t the case, how can you be honest if you want to find someone guilty of something they haven`t done? Getting his just rewards for what he did I would be fine with that.

even if he didnt do anything i hope he gets found guilty and rots in jail

I remember seeing that on Watchdog. Clifford is a slimy piece of work (you have to be in his business), but an accusation of rape is not something I would wish on my enemies.

This is all getting stupid now I see in wales they are saying that hundreds of kids are saying that hundreds of people abused them and most of the people are dead and of the few remaining alive they said that only one or two children was abused by a person maybe thirty years ago I now that it is bad people doing this stuff but this is madness.

I think we should re-commission the ducking stool and see how that works out... It makes me laugh looking at some of the replies. Oh the CPS are just trying their luck (not basing their decision on a realistic prospect of a prosecution), oh its all right - oh its all wrong....

Its so very representative of society - their is no justice system - it all boils down to who you face on the day and the major irony here is that you may face a juror with the pseudonym kdubya who really doesn't know which way to go.

Is he being charged with ******** 11 different girls or 1 girl 11 times?

As for the cps my ex works for them and always said how skint they are and only bring offenders to court if they are 100% sure of a conviction much to the annoyance of plod that have spent many hours gathering evidence only for the cps to say it's not enough.

So if Clifford is going to court they must have some overwhelming evidence unless it's just a big witch hunt after the Saville saga.

This is a very good example of trial by media. The accusers cannot produce any real evidence after all this time, the defendant cannot offer any real defence and somebody in the police/CPS has already leaked all the details to the newspapers.No doubt the compensation lawyers are hovering on the sidelines waiting to pounce.

The Jeremy Kyle system of justice. will the trial be held in a court of law or before a studio audience? Press the red button for guilty or the blue button for not guilty.Or you can phone on xxxxxxxx. Calls cost 50p from a landline

Edited by Vince Green

Its so very representative of society - their is no justice system - it all boils down to who you face on the day and the major irony here is that you may face a juror with the pseudonym kdubya who really doesn't know which way to go.

Yes, with luck, he'll face a decent justice system with a jury whose minds are made up before they've heard any evidence...

Is he being charged with ******** 11 different girls or 1 girl 11 times?

As for the cps my ex works for them and always said how skint they are and only bring offenders to court if they are 100% sure of a conviction much to the annoyance of plod that have spent many hours gathering evidence only for the cps to say it's not enough.

So if Clifford is going to court they must have some overwhelming evidence unless it's just a big witch hunt after the Saville saga.

the only issue here is how much their judgement is clouded over the Saville affair, are they too scared not to let it go to court knowing the media will be accusing them of all sorts if so.

I think the stage at which names are mentioned is wrong, you have effectively shot down someones reputation before they have been found guilty. The jury will be highly unlikely to have not read about things in the press and have pre conceived ideas of guilt or not there is a flaw in the justice situation which if it happened to any of us it would go away a lot faster if found not guilty than with a household name. People will always think him guilty now whether cleared or not

Hmm, recent trial I was a juror on leads me to believe otherwise.

the only issue here is how much their judgement is clouded over the Saville affair, are they too scared not to let it go to court knowing the media will be accusing them of all sorts if so.

I think the stage at which names are mentioned is wrong, you have effectively shot down someones reputation before they have been found guilty. The jury will be highly unlikely to have not read about things in the press and have pre conceived ideas of guilt or not there is a flaw in the justice situation which if it happened to any of us it would go away a lot faster if found not guilty than with a household name. People will always think him guilty now whether cleared or not

Exactly. Victims of sex crimes are allowed to have their anonymity - why not the accused too (at least until they are convicted in a court of law). This seems to be the way to 'take people out' these days. Julian Assange comes to mind. Just accuse them of a sex crime - job done.

I think there could be more issues than just that Alex one being the press hate Clifford for gagging them so many times.

If nothing comes of this it won't hurt his business, probably the opposite cos the people that use him will just think him great for wriggling out of a sticky situation they seem to get themselves into.

If he was a tv presenter it might be a different result for his career.

The assertion that CPS only bring cases where they are 100% sure of a conviction is well wide of the mark.

A quick look at the acquittal rate on trial by jury would demonstrate that CPS get it wrong quite a lot.

last figures I saw stated a 64% conviction rate of those tried by jury

KW

kdubya - it has improved. It used to be nearer 50%.

I don't know whether Max Clifford is guilty or not, but him being charged is a long way from him being actually guilty or even convicted.

I am the same I dont and (neither do others) know if he is guilty or not, but having seen the marrieta higgs and geoffrey wyatt child abuse scandal (destroyed innocent families and ruined peoples lives that did) all I know is never make your mind up till you do know the facts.

KW

The assertion that CPS only bring cases where they are 100% sure of a conviction is well wide of the mark.

A quick look at the acquittal rate on trial by jury would demonstrate that CPS get it wrong quite a lot.

I think thats more the fault of the jury system? I have done jury service three times in my life. Frankly its random. They could save the country the cost of most trials by jury and just flip a coin best of three. Half the jurers haven't got a flippin' clue whats going on most of the time. You can tell that by what gets said and the questions that get asked in the jury room after the jury has retired.

Edited by Vince Green

Did Clifford get up to mischief thirty years ago? Who knows? But I'll tell you this much; in the atmosphere we have now post Savile, he has as much chance of getting a fair trial as he would have in China. There are people in high places now who are saying stuff like, 'People don't make up accusations like that.' Don't they? They do it all the time. High profile people like Clifford are open season now, for every woman they ever went out with who has some kind of grudge. What's more, there will be plenty of cash for anyone who claims she was abused if they are found guilty. I'm all for banging up rapists and molestors, but you can't go back thirty years and accuse someone of something they can't defend themselves against.

I know it is a really difficult call. No one wants the likes of Savile to get away with what he seems to have got away with, but now any bloke who was a successful man about town in the 1960s and 1970s and has made a pile since, is in the sights of someone - be sure of it, and whether they were willing or not at he time, he's a goner.

Vince - I agree about the Jury system, but CPS are fully aware of this when considering whether to run a trial.

My wife did jury service about 10 years ago. She was in the jury room during a break when a couple of the jurors were discussing their case. It hinged on the Prosecution barrister being boring - whilst the Defence barrister was livelier and more attractive. Got acquitted.

Emm,,, so their you have it when its your turn and you get that knock on the door at early am or late late pm ,what you need is a well dressed ,smart and good looking defence barrister ,someone who engages the jury with well laid out facts and a excellent understanding of the case !!!!!!! Now is their a insurance for this sort of thing ?

Riptide