Perfect air rifle for rabbits?

NffcFarmerBoy

Well, I have a Daystate mk4is for sale at £800, which has been a super bunny basher. There is no such thing as a universally perfect gun, it's entirely based on preference. for that sort of money though, I would strongly recommend a Daystate or the HW 100. you could get a HW 100 or a Daystate Huntsman new for that sort of cash, but possibly not with a decent scope. Second hand is your way to go. I'm a fan of the Daystates because of their unbelievable build quality and reliability. Air Arms are pretty good. they shoot well and are really popular, and the S510 - their top mark hunting PCP - is a serious piece of kit. have a flick through stuff on GunWatch (especially my mk4is!). Scope wise, MTC, Hawke or Nikko Stirling do great Air rifle scopes - you don't need to go in for Swarovski, zeiss et al. for air gun ranges. hope that helps! you'll get a lot of help if you look int the Airgunners' section on here too.

My favourite had to be my hw100kt (wish I never sold it)...

Ive bagged hundreds of rabbits over the years with many different guns from £150 - £700

Id recommend the following:

Falcon fn19

Theoben rapid 7

Kareer 707

Obvs the hw100kt

Air arms s410 (mine was the carbine)

You can get an fn19 for £195 if you look hard enough, rapids, hw100s are looking to be up to maybe over your budget if theres no one who needs to sell quickly for the money... you should get an air arms 410 within budget though...

Lamp wise, buy a high power led torch off ebay, £15 quid plus batteries

Edited by lap9387

any gun that accurate,up near the legal limit and comfy for you to shoot with.

This is the truth of it. I shoot with a £600 gun, not because it's 'better' in every way, but because I like its build quality, accuracy and feel. I have also shot rabbits with a £200 gun. Both do the job but I enjoy using the more expensive one.

It's an AirArms S510. I've had several AirArms rifles as well as most other makes and I keep coming back to them. By the time you add a decent scope and maybe a bipod you'll be close to your budget anyway.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Another Falcon owner here! Well a Titan really, but that was the forerunner to the Falcon. Cracking gun, Super accurate and not too expensive. The FN19 is a good all rounder. The money you save can go on a NV scope :good:

I also have the Shingung Career 707 carbine. Power adjustment wheel slung underneath makes it great for roosting pigeons in barns without putting holes in the roof. You can bring the power down from 12fpe to around 4fpe at the turn of a wheel.

There are a lot of decent pre charged rifles for reasonable money out there just shop about until YOU are happy :yes:

I have a nice set up for sale on a different forum , a mk1 fx verminator (large shot count, lightweight, breaks down into a suitcase ) along with a ledray lamp, 2 magazines and a very small and smart homemade night vision system and laser designator which will record onto a sd card , laser for close up ratting work , its a .177 and will happily shoot bunnies all day long at 40yrds , also a new hawke scope , I'm after £800 for the entire set up , I had a TDR before and the shot count is very dissapointing , pm me if your interested and I can send you a link to the other forum I have it on with pictures

Regards

Paul

After shooting my mate's Daystate Huntsman Classic last week this rifle I would recommend this to anyone.Apart from its quality build it cycles pellets super smooth and with an onboard air gauge you know how much air you have plus it's nice and Lightweight so you can carry it for hours with no fatigue!Superb rifle!!

The HW100 is ugly as sin and has a horrid side leaver !

Its like having the ugliest girlfriend but her being good in bed.... its a redeeming feature of sorts but its still ugly as sin and just wrong in operation!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, like an ugly woman, if it does the job who cares, my remmy 770 was criticised in on review because the trigger guard was squarish, it still shoots well so what matters , but this fella said would not have one it`s butt ugly. bit like your own opinion