A bit of a shock

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just emailed the company requesting the swabs etc, I'll keep you informed as a

I'm sure some people in here are just dying to tell me what a bad person I am.......

I doubt it, the knowledgable members on here are generally very supportive

At the end of the day these thinga happen, similar thing happened on our shoot past season.

Dear Paul....these people that you are implying, that they can't wait to tell you what a bad person you are..... Do you really care????....at the end of the day, you love your dog, you will love the puppies and you will try to find them the best home.....so with all my support...tell these very perfect people to effeoff, with kind regards.

We all have made mistake in life, that's how we learn. The best thing to do, its to listen to the very experience members, (that there is a lot) that always try to give the best advise.

Just emailed the company requesting the swabs etc, I'll keep you informed as a
I'm sure some people in here are just dying to tell me what a bad person I am.......

High bird, thanks for your support, I knew what I was letting myself in for when I started this post. You always get one or two who are negative and think they know best. As you said I'm over the moon with the puppies and I will be keeping one possibly two. The reason I'm getting them tested is so I can be honest and up front with potential buyers. I live in a small village and everybody knows my dogs and has been asking about the puppies, wanting to know if they will be as well behaved as their parents (they only see them walking to heal without a lead and waiting outside the shop for me). But I suppose to most pet dog owners that's what they want out of a dog, not one that pulls them on the lead everywhere they go and won't come back when asked.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has had or seen a litter of Springadors, perhaps you won't admit it in case you get called irresponsible by others....?!?!

Anyway I'm off to get my camp bed back out ready for another not enough sleep nights puppy watching.

Brother in Law has one. Looks like a Labrador but is very much a Springer. Nice pet with a good nature but has a high prey drive & hunts obsessively. Lack of direction in a novice pet home means she cannot be trusted not to bog off when she hits scent.

thanks for the email Paul, i would forget the dna testing, and I would sell them as an accidental mating, regarding believing "woody" just becoming mature young dogs will mate and sire litters at 7months old,

the pups look great and bitch is doing well, remember that there could be a split litter, ie some labs and others X's?

I would just sell them honestly as they are, without digging further into your pocket, try breeding the bitch to a top experienced stud next year..

oh and just to let you know... "woody" is like his father, a rapist.. Wrecko his sire is the best stud I have come across and the most willing,, seems he inherited the gene, joking aside good luck with the pups and try again next year

Thanks for posting the pictures Lee, Ricky, have you changed your mobile number??

Pups growing at an alarming rate, some of the white bits have almost disappeared? I ordered one of the DNA kits but I can't take a swab from the pups until a week after they have stopped feeding on mum. Spoke to my vet yesterday and we are going to do the test using blood, I'm now waiting for him to get back in touch with me when he's sorted out what he needs at his end. One of the bitches has already been reserved regardless of breed. Its costing me £80 per pup plus mum and possible dads, I am not popular with the missus at the moment...!

Good man Paul I would hate to see a good mating wasted more than anything else!

At the very least you should be able to recover the cost of the tests from the sale of the pups, even if they turn out to be crosses.

Best of luck with the litter.

Very common for working Labs to have white hairs on their chest, which disappear when adult. However this bitch has whelped a week early from her due date on the Lab mating and in over 20 litters of pups I've never had one whelp that early.

Have just been looking back some dates for a friend, by Lab whelped last year on the 59th day after the first mating & the 57th from the second, When mating her I thought we'd missed her as the dog showed little on the second mating. I thought she was fairly early. Have you had one as early as this?

Blood taken from mum suspected dad and a pup on Tuesday. Drove it to the company in Manchester who send it away. Waiting time is about two weeks, they will let me know by email. Pups all walking round now with their eyes open,1st worming done, going to the toilet on their own so mum not having to clean up quite as much. Plenty of interest in them regardless of their breeding so all good. Having had lots of people look at them they all reckon they are labs, I'm still not sure as a couple of them sleep on their backs just like my springer Woody....!!!