A bit of a shock

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perce, they look just the same as that...! Getting fed up now waiting for "the email". Was promised it would be Friday (I must have checked my inbox a thousand times since) but still nothing. The company Laboklin UK, said two weeks from the day they received payment. It will be three weeks on Wednesday.

Three of the puppies have been reserved with the buyers actually hoping that they are my Spaniels! I'm keeping two of them, and there is plenty of interest in the others. They are coming on really well and have been enjoying themselves in the garden with the recent good weather.

Hopefully I will be able to update you all tomorrow with the DNA results.

Morning folks,

Got the email last night, confirmed that they are my Spaniel Woody's puppies the sneaky rascal. Its not the end of the world as they are all coming along really well, showing a lot of intelligence coming when called and fully toilet trained using the dog flap to leave the kitchen to use the garden. I've been lucky with the weather for the last couple of weeks and they have been outside all day, growing fit, strong and confident. They are the picture of health.

So beware guys, you can do everything right and still get caught out.....!!

Does it matter? ???

Yes it does it means they can't be registered and sold as pedigree and aren't what was intended, however they will still find homes and no doubt be decent workers. Its simply a reminder not to trust dogs no matter how young they are and a shame when you have gone to the effort to set up a mating with a decent stud dog.

Yes it does it means they can't be registered and sold as pedigree and aren't what was intended, however they will still find homes and no doubt be decent workers. Its simply a reminder not to trust dogs no matter how young they are and a shame when you have gone to the effort to set up a mating with a decent stud dog.

Really!!!!!!

You missed the point....I took for granted and was already been clarified several times the Kc issue.

Thanks for the kind words (most of you). Three girls have already had a deposit put down on them, I'm keeping one of each so just four to find good homes for.

One of my best friends David Tait who used to play rugby for Sale sharks sadly took his own life in Hong Kong last year and he always wanted one of my Labs puppies so his mum and sisters came to see them and they are having one which will be nice as it will enable me to keep in touch with the family.

Hopefully the rest will go locally and I will be able to have them back here while their owners go on holiday.

I'll figure out one day how to upload pictures on this Google nexus so I'll be able to keep you updated on how they are getting on.

Paul.

Timing can be crucial if you don't get it quite right the bitch can just refuse, mine was a day early when we first tried her and she was flagging fine and letting the dog get so far but not quite far enough. after a fair amount of trying I left her there and the following morning straight on no problems and again 2 days later. In this case it sounds like the stud dog wasn't there at the right time but the naughty little spaniel was :lol:

The fundamentals are though you have a healthy litter and the bitch is fine which is the most important thing

Jeffd, the puppies spend most of their time climbing over the Spaniel, he really looks after them. About a week ago our internal kitchen door was being hugely rattled, we went through and it was Woody the Spaniel banging it with his nose, he then rushed outside through the dog flap and went to the bottom of the garden where one of the puppies was stuck down the side of the chicken coop. He's done that twice since when they have got themselves stuck....!!