Perch Fishing

bigmick

Rappala lures

shads

minnow lures

I remember using a Mepps spinner in Brundall in norfolk in a broad and getting a real nice perch looked like a 1&1/2lb er too. It took a dive and then the rod doubled over then i saw a pike roll on the surface most have been well into double figures and the line just went (TINK)

Lost my Perch my Mepps AND a bloody good pike :stupid:

LG

I used to use the old Abu Reflex, but have caught more big perch when spinning for pike.

Normally quite big spoons will do the trick, but I haven't tried any of the newer jelly type lures.

I will dig out the name of the spoon I use, (it looks like a cross between the 'Flamingo' and 'Atom') it is discontinued now and I lost one last year so I will need to find something else to replace them when they have all gone.

Sounds like there are few fishermen on here, I will have to take some pictures of the reels I have acquired over the years :shout:

I used to use the old Abu Reflex, but have caught more big perch when spinning for pike.

Normally quite big spoons will do the trick, but I haven't tried any of the newer jelly type lures.

I will dig out the name of the spoon I use, (it looks like a cross between the 'Flamingo' and 'Atom') it is discontinued now and I lost one last year so I will need to find something else to replace them when they have all gone.

Sounds like there are few fishermen on here, I will have to take some pictures of the reels I have acquired over the years :lol:

Sounds REEL interesting :lol:

I'll get my coat :shout:

LG

The old french ondex spinners used to work well for me.. I also used to use cheap mepps in either plain silver or copper depending on water clarity, adding some red wool to a bare treble also helps. Caught some decent chub in my local river on the mepps..

:no: yep the red wool does work a treat for perch and pike. :|

Keep trying diferant spinners, lurs, plugs nd the jelly baits (the jelly baits by fox are very realistic but a little expensive)

Im told that stripes on your spinner etc agrovate the fish encouraging them to take the bait.

Good luck KIPPER :good:

Its time I polished my spinners up and hunt the big pike out me thinks. :lol:

I use soft plastics fished really slow sink and draw over the bottom. deadly

perch%204.JPG

perch%203.JPG

perch%202.JPG

perch%201.JPG

these clonkers came in one session last winter on the thames at oxford all on blue fox squidgies allso got a couple of jacks and chub in the same session on the same method. perch were all approx 3 1/2 pounders.

pete

Are those fresh water perch? Do you eat them, perch are my favourite pan fish to catch and eat.

Those are some beautiful fish Pete. We would call those jack Perch. I put those ones back as spawners and keep the smaller 8 inch ones for the pan.

During the open water months we fish them with minnows, earth worms,small meps spinners and body baits then in the hard water months the main bait is minnows fished vertically through an ice hole. Although Berckly panfish power bait has been producing well to.

NTTF