Beretta 692 - Anyone tried/bought one yet.

MITCHF

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate has had one for four weeks and it has only been back for repair twice, so it sounds good value for over £2000.

First failure was the stock came loose, second was barrel block split into two pieces through the securing screw hole.

Which only goes to show that it pays to buy good quality guns if your serious.

My friends Krieghoff eats firing pins, fails to fire regularly.

At 2700 the 692 is an average gun.time vat and import duties are taken out factory and dealer profit removed I doubt it would even make 1000.I am a massive Beretta fan and shoot nothing else but I feel the hype for this gun has taken over.but saying that I will be off to my dealer in the next few days to trade in my 400excel for one.happy shooting

Edited by bostonmick

At 2700 the 692 is an average gun.time vat and import duties are taken out factory and dealer profit removed I doubt it would even make 1000.I am a massive Beretta fan and shoot nothing else but I feel the hype for this gun has taken over.but saying that I will be off to my dealer in the next few days to trade in my 400excel for one.happy shooting

£2700an average gun you obviously get paid a good bit more than me , my 686 sp1 nearly broke my heart paying that much but Im really pleased I did lovely gun and I'm shooting it well , I'd love to be able to afford the 692 perhaps in ten years when there old hat :-) .

• 8 months later...

Are Beretta getting sloppy and dropping the ball with quality?

I hope not, might have to go to a Guerini for the quality product.

Figgy

over priced carp no build quality using monkey metal and poor materials, I think you have to spend serious money with beretta to get a quality gun otherwise your paying for the name to tell your freinds at the clay club you have a Italian baikal, sad really :( Edited by delburt0

Italian Baikal :lol: like it.

Unless I came into some money I wouldn't buy a new Beretta these days.

Think I'd buy a used Perazzi 2000 or DT10 sporter.

I'd even take a look at the new Guerini sporter models, but a few indifferent comments on longevity.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

My gunsmiths has sold around thirty of the 692 I asked how many had come back to him he replied 3 all for the same reason the top lever rubbed on the top of the stock he sorted them in his workshop while the customer had a browse.i think a lot of problems with a lot of new guns could be avoided if all dealers had a gunsmith in house to check new stock before sale instead like a lot of them off the van and onto the shelf.

My gunsmiths has sold around thirty of the 692 I asked how many had come back to him he replied 3 all for the same reason the top lever rubbed on the top of the stock he sorted them in his workshop while the customer had a browse.i think a lot of problems with a lot of new guns could be avoided if all dealers had a gunsmith in house to check new stock before sale instead like a lot of them off the van and onto the shelf.

Surely that check should be done by Beretta not a dealer/rfd to make sure a new gun is ready for sale

Just my opinion but I think in the case of the 692 demand overtook supply and the quality /checks dropped to push through to satisfy sales