Predator at large

Hi All,

Anyone any ideas on this attack on a day old horse foal near Wrexham?

Got to be dogs or maybe badger I think.

Spitzer

WARNING TO ALL. please share. Bwlchgwyn Wrexham Area
This Foal was new born this morning on the Matheron Stud and at some point during the day while out in the field, it has been killed.
With large wounds to its neck. This foal was by no means small and sharing the field with its mother and many other horses, what ever killed this foal must have been large and attacking during day light hours

post-56356-0-78385700-1367920156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spitzer

I would go with alex, i severely doubt a fox or broc could kill an animal of that size unless it was pretty ill/weak but even then i would imagine the mother/other horses would off kept any predator at bay.. I know 1 farm that was loseing sort of lab sized cross breed texel lambs to a rogue badger, but that is pretty unusual and esp so on lambs off that size and that is a lot smaller than a foal. Pretty hard to say for defo from that photo.

I dunno if it was near to do but if u looked at the skin in detail for bite claw marks even clip/shave it out to get a good look. Also look at bones broc tends start at back end and inabout the pelvis and tend to really chew bones and they look sort off feathered? or sinewy

Possibly a dog attack to scare off other horses and wildlife came in and done rest