once in a while some thing good happens........Berreta06

BSA-airgunner

A while back I posted on here about my son shooting with me and he shot his first jackdaw first many thanks to all for the nice comments and a very special thanks to Berreta06 (Geoff) come on stand up and take a bow.....

Geoff contacted me and offered as a gift of a w Atkinson and sons sxs 12g box lock.to my son who was and is over the moon . we popped over today to meet Geoff and to pick up the gun..as well as the gun Geoff gave spencer a brand new electronic set of ear defenders three DVD on decoying and a box of purdey paper case cartridges..... this is such a kind and generous thing to do and knowing the gun had belonged to your father makes it even more special....

Many many thanks Geoff .......

Edited by BSA-airgunner

Very good of him , lots of good people on here :yes:

Please make sure it goes free to another good home if and when your lad is done with it .

I want a 3 1/2 inch chambered semi auto if anyone wants to give away one of those :lol:

It is so refreshing for me to read a post like this one (And a great one to start my morning off) rather than some other posts we find where all you get is people finding fault with each other and various other types of "doom and gloom".

This in my opinion is what a forum like this should really be about - Trying to help each other out in any way you can.

Berreta06, I and I should think just about every other member that reads this post salute you for your generosity and the encouragement that you have given to BSA-airgunner and his son! You are a star! :good::good::good:

This sort of kindness and selflessness restores ones faith in human nature - you are a worthy chap beretta06 - but then you dont need me to tell you that.

I hope the gift gave you as much pleasure as the receiver - you can certainly understand how it will be something he will treasure all his life. I am impressed.

OK we have fired the gun aaawwwwwwww mate how sweet is this to fire.... I did a little home work and the gun is true English and proof dated at 1935 and re proofed in 1967.. before I fired it I had a local gun smith give it the once over and he says the bores are spotless and as tight on the face as if it were only 20 years old and not the 78 years we make it to be....me chuffed well yes my boy chuffed heck yes ..so come Sunday with luck I shall take spencer to Southdown for a few rounds of skeet maybe if the sun comes out again..

Geoff your a star and again many thanks........pics to follow..