Red Diesel

countryman

I ran my Astra van on it for years I go past 2 vosa stops twice on way to work twice on way home in a car I wouldn't think twice about it !! Only 4x4s n large vans they pull over to dip

Not true here. I was dipped twice in a fortnight driving a diesel Mondeo. It was in a rural area and they were dipping everything diesel. (I was fine btw. Derv all the way.)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran my Astra van on it for years I go past 2 vosa stops twice on way to work twice on way home in a car I wouldn't think twice about it !! Only 4x4s n large vans they pull over to dip

And you're admitting that on a public forum lol,

Nice one.

Edited by Muddy Funker

Not much really, just goes in to the compact tractor to cut the paths and paddock. Heating oil is not the same thing is it ?

Chris

You can use heating oil but you have to add a lubricant to it (something like mineral oil @10% ratio). And at the price of it at the moment, you are cheaper with red.

I would't advise heating oil.

dont care were it comes from, bouhgt some last week

Take it you never had any robbed off you

What are the chances off getting caught for using it in my car ???

If you do, they will seize your vehicle.

I've never been dipped and i only run on full duty diesel. i run my tractor on red, as its ok to do so 85p/litre. Anyone who breaks the law, or the spirit of the law IMHO deserves to lose their FAC and be charged back duty. If we all toe the line we all benefit - if not we all lose. I may be old fashioned but honesty is the only way. IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

i have to pay 3 times on fuel duty tell me why farmers should only pay 5perent me and my wife pay 20 percent of our wages on petrol just to get to work and then pay taxes on top and you want people to feel that you are hard done to forget it

i have to pay 3 times on fuel duty tell me why farmers should only pay 5perent me and my wife pay 20 percent of our wages on petrol just to get to work and then pay taxes on top and you want people to feel that you are hard done to forget it

i think people feel hard done to because their diesal is being stolen from them,not because they are having to pay 5% tax on it.

If you put red diesel up to the same price as white, then food will get more expensive. When farmers are using 1000s of litres a year and the bill doubles then that extra cost has to go somewhere and i can guarantee it'll go onto the price of food.

I once met a guy that always used red in his transit , he modified the filler neck so it went nowhere , filler neck went down to next to tank with splash if derv in it , the real filler neck was in the van floor , don't know how he passed the mot test ???