cheapest silenced 410

washerboy

It wasn't your link - for some reason, I just couldn't get onto their site at all at the time.

It's up again now though. The 'fixed' type is actually £57 inc VAT, about 3/4 of the way down this webpage

http://www.saddleryandgunroom.co.uk/Gunroom/SG_Hushpower.htm

If I was going to get one, I'd probably be going for the detachable though, just so that I can change back to 'normal' if need be.

A couple of things to bear in mind : The 'proper' Eley subsonic .410 carts are only available in 3". Quite a few guns are 2.5" chambers, so something you would need to consider. They only recommend fibre carts, so you are restricted to Eley there too.

I'd just use a shotgun, I shoot some horse paddocks and once you've fired your first shot or two they barely react, just tend to stand staring in your direction. I wouldn't use one near stabled horses though but open paddocks are fine. Just my experience.

airguns ok on static targets but rabbits wise up when you are taking them from the same area all the time they hear the thud on impact and the others run off it's the same with a moderated rimfire A 410 can take them bolting on a walk about or bolted by ferrets .What I am saying is if its a large number of rabbits then you will probably need to employ more than one way to deal with them .found baikial hushpower with eley fourlongs very effective around young stock housed in the farm yard.rats pigeons and crows all fall to the little 410 if within range as stated new £325 ish but noted that a lot of folk bought one of these when they were the flavour of the month and I think they don't have a real need for them and so they come up for resale at a better second hand price So if you decide you will make good use of one then it might pay you to keep an eye on the second hand market.

Another point is that the hushpower .410`s hold their value really really well. If you look at the for sale section, you`ll see they normally are around the £250 mark for a baikel or pedretti one. Sometimes one comes along slightly cheaper, but not far off. So, you could easily buy one, use it for your job, then sell it back on and probably not loose a penny on it.

Ive the mossberg 3 shot pump action version and its a handy tool. Noise wise, not as quiet as a PCP air rifle, and it took some getting used to the point of aim on it. In practice, out in the field I tend to use my air rifle more as it seems quieter and I find it easier to get accurate shots on the rabbits - no use of course if they are bolting or if i fancy getting a flying over pigeon too.