WIGAN well done.

davecooper1

wigan will stay up the toons going doon

if we beat QPR tomorrow and Wigan lose on Tuesday we CANT go down, Aston villa and Wigan play each other on the last day and they BOTH need to win which is impossible

hope wigan go down just for wheelans comments about that thug mcmanaman

KW

As a city fan I have to say well done to Wigan, if we had turned up and played to our potential then Wigan wouldn't have had a chance but as with the majority of the season there was that spark missing from us and Wigan made up the difference in class with effort and determination.

On a side note I think bobby manc is on borrowed time. Two **** poor champions league efforts and a shocking season this year. Mancini has done well for us with the trophies we've won but for the caliber of players we have we are continuously under performing and something has to change.

I don't know why but I was actually happy to see Dave wheelen at the end. Massive achievement for him and the club so well done Wigan.

ATB 425

Best upset since '88. Rather nice price of 15/2 too. Ex palarse player scored the winner so my £20 earnt me enough to buy a slab of cartridges. Has a team ever qualified for Europe and been relegated?

no (Portsmouth did but they were relegated due to admin probs and were not allowed to play in Europe) but plenty have reached the cup final and been relegated in the same season ask a boro supporter they got to two finals in 1997 lost both and went down :)

KW

no (Portsmouth did but they were relegated due to admin probs and were not allowed to play in Europe) but plenty have reached the cup final and been relegated in the same season ask a boro supporter they got to two finals in 1997 lost both and went down :)

KW

Yes there has!! Birmingham won the league cup a few years back and were relegated in the same season. The next season they made it to the Europa League group stages while playing in the Championship.

Well done Wigan, throughly deserved. Now to watch Fergie lift the 20th title today :good:

Yes there has!! Birmingham won the league cup a few years back and were relegated in the same season. The next season they made it to the Europa League group stages while playing in the Championship.

Well done Wigan, throughly deserved. Now to watch Fergie lift the 20th title today :good:

yeah your right forgot about the carling cup win which let them into the qualifiers.

KW

if we beat QPR tomorrow and Wigan lose on Tuesday we CANT go down, Aston villa and Wigan play each other on the last day and they BOTH need to win which is impossible

hope wigan go down just for wheelans comments about that thug mcmanaman

KW

I think that's a little unfair, the lad's young and full of enthusiasm. It was a bad challenge granted, but did he mean to do it? I'm not so sure. I'm also glad that Newcastle are staying up :good: