most common shooting position when hunting ?

magpieman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah made a few, first one i made my mates wondered what the **** i was doing, that was about 20 years ago, they soon got it when i let a few of them come shooting with me lol, then helped a few mates with air rifles make there's, carnt say to much more as i was a bit naughty back in the day lol

there's no rules to making a suit, the scottish gamekeepers that invented them back in the day im sure would of just used what was around and availible at the time, oh and a sniper is originally someone that managed to shoot a snipe lol

ahh good lol.

only made a half dozen or so, gave up doing them when people started oooooo i'll i have one, i'll pay yu.. then when the time came wanted to give 20 quid for 45 of materieals and a w week at it.. lol, i gave up, got what i need for when its needed that does me.

some intresting out comes when your wearing one isnt there :lol:

stopped not long after this one..taint for sale lol.

walked up to a rabbit at 5 yards, walked up a oak tree grove about 25 yards long, 7-8 yards wide at the path with 5 jays feeding, took 4 squirrels in between the jays, one jay left after the fact because it had finished feeding, i left the others there lol i think the squirrels were feeling safe with them about.

i have to basic set ups on my scope, simply near and far, near is out to about 30 yards from about 5 in clear veiw, far is 13-14 yard out to 70 ish clear veiw for shooting, i quite often set up for rabbit and end up sat some where when a squirrel apears at 2-5 yards..i can tell tell you tisnt easy working out which fuzzy bit is which through the scope lol.

the best silly thing was creeping up on a rabbit, this thing had been dodging for 2 year and finaly got on the path at abut 50 yard away and started the slow creep up, got to about 40, as it senced something was about and looked up i stop in a squot walk..this black bird was freeked out the bush's at about 30 yard down (not by me) and flew straight up under the poncho, i nearly fainted thinking sheeesh my nutts!! it landed and shut up, so i lift the front to have a look and its stood there on the ground looking at my boots left n right and all over, lookes up to see my eyes and freaks out lol...got the rabbit at last though lol.

people and dogs, ermmmm they seem to find eather the savage bark from hell or the owners sudenly sprout a ballet tendancy and insist on resiting things like uhhh uhh yu $%$"@****'ng idiot whilste doing the ballerina up on the toes dance lmao!! my favourate that is some trespassers amuse me, they cant see you and theyre sneeking a peek up a path, it's clear and they proseed to walk on up..right up to me where i lower the face veil and say hello! hahaha ''oh i was just ermm it is the footpath isnt it'' lmao!!! ''nope, that way over there!''

yeh the suits are worth the punt i think.post-60970-0-57306600-1368539854_thumb.jpg

Edited by stoogey

yeah there pretty cheap to buy by the looks of things, but its not the same as making your own, its a nice project but very time consuming, i know mine got added to and changed over time. one of the places i used to go "nature watching" was used a lot by dog walkers and people mooching to and from work etc so not being seen was kinda important, and yes i saw alsorts lol

yeah there pretty cheap to buy by the looks of things, but its not the same as making your own, its a nice project but very time consuming, i know mine got added to and changed over time. one of the places i used to go "nature watching" was used a lot by dog walkers and people mooching to and from work etc so not being seen was kinda important, and yes i saw alsorts lol

people have often said to me 'ehhh yu dont neeed it' or feild craft this n that blah blah, but trth is the other animals do see you, people see you, and the body languages alert your prey.. that or your having to deal with folks on your shoot, whilste trespassing, giving you song and verse about how you carnt not this that and the other..i dont think its brave of them at all some how lol it's bloody stupid! lol.

theres a couple 'patision' people, they actualy tried getting the ownder not to use his woods, yu know, the one he owns etc...long story short 've stood by the couple a few times as they trundled on few hehehe...i get more shooting in if they dont get mouthing off for an hour lol. 'ohhh theyre sure they'll find him'...hmmm yes dear look 10 feet to your right hahaha!!

Edited by stoogey

you certainly dont need a ghillie suit to go out hunting but i always had a lot more fun and had more of those tripped out moments wearing one, there's a real cool edge to not being seen by people only a matter of meters away lol i suppose everyone's different but i used to get a real buzz out of it

hahaha so your pidge is in a lot of impresionable young minds lmao!! yeh it was good pay at one time if you could get into it.

i'd have been tempted to hold a pose for shooting for a lot of that 15 hours....you'd have been purely 'naturel' at it in every sense of the word. B) :whistling::lol: :lol:

haha its funny i know, whats even funnier is they were all old women lol. talking about sitting around for ages i remember one time when i was on exercise in the brekon beacons years ago we walked past a load of gurkhas lying down in all around defensive position on top of a hill with a radio op in the middle, we walked back the following day and they were still there, mental lol

yeah a lot of chattin gets done from the top of them hills with forces in other countries, those exercises were great, chinooks and wimiks zippin around all over the place, the gurkhas are ultra polite and really smiley until they get ****** off lol

they're pretty used to it around here, not to far away from lympstone where i am, choppers and fast air zippin around all the time lol. still need to chat a few of um up my gf's garden is starting to feel really small, it looks like joining basc is the way to go, peace of mind insurance etc, im hoping i can land some work on some local farms n then it should be happy days ;)

No, not BASC, BASC is over £45 just for airguns, how about cover for all country pursuits, from terrier work, archery, falconry, air rifle shooting, rim fire, centre fire, shotgun, sea fishing, coarse fishing, game fishing, all covered, £10,000,000 third party cover and legal cover that is much better too! £36 for a year, look for SACS, it is worth it!