How much to charge

hiya, i run a small shoot there are 10 guns in the shoot, we have 6 days shooting averaging 80 bird days its stand only shooting, every year we have people moaning about price its only £375 and £20 pound on the day for beaters. what would you say is a reasonable amount to pay. thanks

Tell them to look at the price off a day's shooting on the open market, they should appreciate how good a value it is after that.

Do the guns share out the work/feeding/looking birds through the year?

Depending how u run the shoot, cost for gun's can't really change as the price has to cover the overheads off birds/rent/feed etc. Really impossible for a stranger to say wot is a fair price as no idea of ur overheads, but i think that is very very cheap shooting

If my quick sum i done in my head is right thats roughly £80 (well slighlty under) + £20 beaters, u wont get much for £100 shooting driven pheasants, realistcally an 80-100 bird day (@£30 quid a bird) would be around £240-300 per day possibly plus Vat and keepers tip

I run a wee diy syndicate and are a wee bit cheaper on price but only shoot about 120ish pheasants all season, and our guns are meant to help at work parties and feeding.

Ur guns don't know there born. I know good walk 1 stand shoots charging twice that and not averageing 80bird days. Gun;s should be biting ur hands off for that, if they have the cheek to moan after doing ****** all tell thm where to go. Always the folk that do the least moan the most. Sorry rant over, wish i was closer would also join

if they dont like it they know what they can do - cheap shooting no question about it - at that price you would have no end to potential members and to not lend a hand is the icing on the cake - dont know theyre born - rip it up, start again and increase the price a bit and youd still fill all spaces - put me name down!! problem is the 5 hr drive each way - atb - regards