How much to charge

That is really cheap, next time they moan tell them to find shooting that cheap elsewhere, when they come back with their tales between their legs tell em the price has gone up another 50 quid. To cover your keeping costs etc, some people don't know they're born.

S

Very cheap shooting. I paid £1200 for 8 days on a walk one, stand one shoot plus £20 a day for beaters and we were lucky to get 80 on the first day. That said they were good birds and the cartridge to kill ratio was high. But I gave it up as it just wasn't value for money. Oh and all guns were expected to do work days a feed once a week.

That my friend is probably the best value shoot I've seen in the last 10 years ,I kid you not £375 for a day is bloody good value never mind for 6 days .

Tell the moaning ******* to clear off and find a better deal if they can.

I'll join the rest of you guys at that price. You should seriously think about sacking off the moaners and start a Pigeon Watch members shoot. You will get plenty of decent folk who know the score, pay thier money and appreciate what you are doing > And you will no doubt be well tipped...I know I would.

So, are you going to tell us how many birds you release?

Why should he. We keep those figures close to our chest.

Very few keepers broadcast release numbers. However on a well run shoot it's not rocket science to work the numbers out. Try doing the maths with say a 40/50% return.

I have done the maths, thats why i'm asking the question. I based it on what each poult costs me to buy, cost of pellets and wheat. Based on those facts, to shoot 6 x 80 bird days (on average) equates to 480 birds, Assuming thats 50% that would mean he releases 960 poults. To do that it would cost me £5604 divided between 10 guns =£560.40. If he was shooting 40% he would need to release 1200 poults at a cost (to me) of £7005 divide between 10 guns =£700.50.

I have done the maths, thats why i'm asking the question. I based it on what each poult costs me to buy, cost of pellets and wheat. Based on those facts, to shoot 6 x 80 bird days (on average) equates to 480 birds, Assuming thats 50% that would mean he releases 960 poults. To do that it would cost me £5604 divided between 10 guns =£560.40. If he was shooting 40% he would need to release 1200 poults at a cost (to me) of £7005 divide between 10 guns =£700.50.

I catch up several hens at the end of the season and get 3 to 1 return from my local game farm, so that help and i buy some poults. and three out of eleven drives are situated very well !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

watch this space. i have put the price up a bit and one of my guns is thinking about pulling out so i might have a spare place, if he do i am going to offer it to pigeon watch members, i will have five days and i will offer it to five members, i will be in touch.