armsan a612s problem

buzz0710

hi, can anyone help me? after shopping around for a new "budget" range semi auto I found an armsan a612s at a very reasonable price. excited at my new purchase I took it out the next day for a bit clay shooting to test drive it. I most "upset" (i'll say) that the gun didn't seem to want to work properly. it didn't cycle the cartridges properly, sometimes it didn't eject the spent cartridge, sometimes the spent cartridge would jam coming out and sometimes if it ejected the spent cartridge the next cartridge would not load. I was using 28g cartridges and out of 75 shells only 3 loads cycled properly. after reading such good reviews on the armsan I was not pleased to say the least!

the next day I phoned the gun dealer and explained the problem and he just said "oh yeah no problem fetch it in, it'll just need adjusting"

can they be adjusted?

is he spinning me a line?

can anyone throw any light on this????

If its a brand new gun it might work better if you put a few boxes of 32 gram cartridges through it first , also what were the length of cartridge you were using , most semi autos prefer cartridges of 70mm or more so you could get cycling issues if they were 65-67 mm

give it a good strip and clean and lightly oil the tube and spring and use pipe cleaners in the 2 gas ports in the barrel (they might be clogged up), make sure you use 67-70mm carts as some semis are fussy and nothing less than 27-28gm really

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

thanks for the replies

I think I see the error of my ways, I was using 65mm cartridges, so I think i'll try a couple of boxes of 70mm's first before wasting there time.

Yep thats almost certainly going to be the problem , let us know how it performs with the 70mm

thanks for the replies

I think I see the error of my ways, I was using 65mm cartridges, so I think i'll try a couple of boxes of 70mm's first before wasting there time.

hi fella my browning maxus wont cycle 65mm carts and that cost £1295, :no: 70mm carts are fine even 28g :good:

Hi there,

Last year I bought a new Armsan 620 20 gauge synthetic for pigeon shooting, as I had 4000 20 bore cartridges to use up.

Mine was a bit 'Jammy' to start with and I noticed that everything was a bit tight.

Gave it a good clean and lube and after 75 to 100 shots it now cycles every time.

Im so pleased with it I have had to buy more cartridges so its shot over 4000 with no issues.

Excellent value at £365 new.

Regards

PP

hi, can anyone help me? after shopping around for a new "budget" range semi auto I found an armsan a612s at a very reasonable price. excited at my new purchase I took it out the next day for a bit clay shooting to test drive it. I most "upset" (i'll say) that the gun didn't seem to want to work properly. it didn't cycle the cartridges properly, sometimes it didn't eject the spent cartridge, sometimes the spent cartridge would jam coming out and sometimes if it ejected the spent cartridge the next cartridge would not load. I was using 28g cartridges and out of 75 shells only 3 loads cycled properly. after reading such good reviews on the armsan I was not pleased to say the least!

the next day I phoned the gun dealer and explained the problem and he just said "oh yeah no problem fetch it in, it'll just need adjusting"

can they be adjusted?

is he spinning me a line?

can anyone throw any light on this? ???

so are the armsan semi auto's better than hatsan auto's?

• 1 month later...

Hi mate.

I got one. I guess you using 2.5" carts. Stick to the 2.75" carts and should be fine. The gun has a 3 in chamber so the shorter carts can mess up the cycling. Also try other carts. I had issues with hull comp x 28gm fibres but cycled 2.5" eley 24gm every time. Good luck. They great guns just need settling in.