Chris Green Decoys

Just wondered if anyone has a couple of photos of a Chris Green Decoy. I want to se what the difference is between them and something i can buy a lot cheaper.

Here is a link. Save your money make your own static decoys I have used 'home made' for years and if combined with a flapper (manual or electric) or rotary with (dead) shot birds on them they work a treat!! Bonus is 50 take up no space at all and 'stack'

http://www.westcountryfilm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/New-Pigeon-Decoy-Catalogue-Sept-2012-for-Website.pdf

Edited by masmiffy

I have a couple of the CG in floater and lander and I really like the them I set them in my sillysock coys and they work just fine, its just a confidence thing and what works for you years ago my granddad used scrunched up newspaper and a few wooden coys as a pattern and shot pigeons something I would not do but it worked for him at the time

Yeah Ive seen his site, I was really after understanding how he gets the landers to have their wings partaill bent, is there a bit of wire glued on the underside of the wing or something!

Here is a link. Save your money make your own static decoys I have used 'home made' for years and if combined with a flapper (manual or electric) or rotary with (dead) shot birds on them they work a treat!! Bonus is 50 take up no space at all and 'stack'

http://www.westcountryfilm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/New-Pigeon-Decoy-Catalogue-Sept-2012-for-Website.pdf

Thanks mate. I've actually made my own, I will post a couple od pics at some point. As I said in a previous post, I was really after understanding how he gets the landers to have their wings partaill bent, is there a bit of wire glued on the underside of the wing or something!

If you want something similar but half(ish) the price contact Hawkeye or Kdubya on here!

GH

There little picture wall hangers that I got from a well known DIY store (Homebase :whistling: ) about £3.50 a pack of 20. I'm not convinced the sticky fixer things will work and I might have to superglue them in place, likewise when I painted the wings I used a white emulsion. But I figured if I do it so that I can remove things until I sort the concept then go for permanant..

Very interesting! :good:

What have you used to mount the wire support?

You will find that if you make the cuts in the body curved and not straight you won't need to bother with any other fixings.

The wings will 'flap' in all but very strong winds and they will be easier to slide in and they will stay in too!

Not a bad job though!

GH

Thanks, the problem with these ones is that the cuts were already there. They are the jack Pyke ones, I brought them a while ago, so your suggesting putting them on the standard staic decoy. I like this as they are normally cheaper as well! :)

You will find that if you make the cuts in the body curved and not straight you won't need to bother with any other fixings.

The wings will 'flap' in all but very strong winds and they will be easier to slide in and they will stay in too!

Not a bad job though!

GH

• 2 weeks later...

you ow boys must have hgv to get all your shooting takle about with all these flaoters, glidders, landers to take about :lol: , in the good old days we used to decoy pigeons then poke a hazel stick up um and peg wings out to create floater without carry all this takle about :good:

you done a days work just to get to where you want to get in the field carrying this lot

you ow boys must have hgv to get all your shooting takle about with all these flaoters, glidders, landers to take about :lol: , in the good old days we used to decoy pigeons then poke a hazel stick up um and peg wings out to create floater without carry all this takle about :good:

you done a days work just to get to where you want to get in the field carrying this lot

I started with half a dozen shells and a few wire frames for the dead ones, now I have a carp fishing trolly full, a backpack, then there's the gun, ammo, the hide etc etc, im a pensioner and not so fit anymore, I drag it all up the field, it takes half an hour to get my breath back, an hour to set it all out, then if I shoot a few its extra to carry back, I do get a bit over zealous about things but I think i've even surpassed my own stupidity this time, time to step back and evaluate, what you think you need and what you actually need are so different, the thing is even with all this **** to drag around I don't get more pigeons over the decoys than I did when I first started, I just hit more if I can lift the gun quick enough to get a shot off. flight line shooting is the answer, some camo, a gun and a few cartridges, anyone want to buy a truck load of gear !!!! :lol::lol:

I started with half a dozen shells and a few wire frames for the dead ones, now I have a carp fishing trolly full, a backpack, then there's the gun, ammo, the hide etc etc, im a pensioner and not so fit anymore, I drag it all up the field, it takes half an hour to get my breath back, an hour to set it all out, then if I shoot a few its extra to carry back, I do get a bit over zealous about things but I think i've even surpassed my own stupidity this time, time to step back and evaluate, what you think you need and what you actually need are so different, the thing is even with all this **** to drag around I don't get more pigeons over the decoys than I did when I first started, I just hit more if I can lift the gun quick enough to get a shot off. flight line shooting is the answer, some camo, a gun and a few cartridges, anyone want to buy a truck load of gear !!!! :lol::lol:

This sounds very familiar, infact, been there, got the back-ache to prove it!

Pared it right down now so its not too bad and, like Hawkeye says....drive there most of the time.

Ive just remembered I have a frozen pigeon in the freezer I kept for the ferrets... anyone know how I could attach the actual wings to my lander??

Id of used the original bird, but its got no breast. .

Pigeons don't need to have their breasts attached to be used as a decoy.