Webton Field Sports

Hi Dave

Am not sure all I know is that that 150 bird shoot was the last shoot of the currant owners and now it's been taken over buy some 1 else I was just about to put a topic about this to see if its open again and prices ect and opening times ? I only live 2 mins away mite pop down and see if there's any notices up :good:

Hi everyone,

I'm a newcomer to this shooting game and forum, but I would be gratefull if you could let me Know of the opening times for Webton as I don't live to far away from hesketh bank.

Thanks

hi welcome to the forum, I've only been a handful of times there open on Sundays from 11 am I think ? But they've changed owners recently so I'm not sure now.

My local club I go to on sundays is in hightown just pass formby :good:

Edited by Willpoon

Thanks for the quick reply Will

If your club is the one at altcar, I'm hoping to get down there and have a look after I visit the web site and introduced myself.

Thanks again

We don't have a website but you can contact the club secretary b email , save-the-clays@hotmail.co.uk

It's a small club and were based on a MOD base ,so if your name aint on the list at the guard room your not comming in :lol:

we open every Sunday morning and have 2 disciplines 1 sportrap and 1 DTL , I'll pm the contact numbers :good:

Well I went to webton on Sunday, and it's great! Prices are around the same and currently the layout is the same. However some of the stands have new wooden cages you stand in with wood chippings going to them and in the wooded area there are new posts with rope around each to layout it out more effectively if that makes sense! They also had the addition of a rabbit target which was very good. There are a few new staff members all with high viz vests, it just looks more professional and the new owner (at least I think it was the new owner I was talking to) is very nice and I think he will improve the ground quite considerably! The atmosphere there was great and very friendly. Cartridges were on sale at £4 a box I think instead of £4.50-90.

They start shooting from 11am I think to around half 2 every Sunday. I'd definately recommend going it's a great clay ground.

Dave.

Edited by WinchesterDave

Well I went to webton on Sunday, and it's great! Prices are around the same and currently the layout is the same. However some of the stands have new wooden cages you stand in with wood chippings going to them and in the wooded area there are new posts with rope around each to layout it out more effectively if that makes sense! They also had the addition of a rabbit target which was very good. There are a few new staff members all with high viz vests, it just looks more professional and the new owner (at least I think it was the new owner I was talking to) is very nice and I think he will improve the ground quite considerably! The atmosphere there was great and very friendly. Cartridges were on sale at £4 a box I think instead of £4.50-90.

They start shooting from 11am I think to around half 2 every Sunday. I'd definately recommend going it's a great clay ground.

Dave.

Grand job bout time some 1 started looking after the place al be there Sunday :good:

I went there this morning to try out my gun, very pleasant staff around , think there were just the 7 sporting stands , nice variety but I'll still never get use to the amount of people that stand behind me waiting their turn :lol: at one stage there were about 10 shooters behind me waiting there turn !

Let me know what you think of it :) unfortunately I'm not shooting today, which is unfortunate because I feel like a good shoot haha!

Yeah was a cracking day 👍found out its an old mate that runs it now and the difference a little paint and tidy up dose is amazing and the traps are spot on !!!!! Brilliant day

My wife and I are the owners of Ribble Bank Field Sports, formerly Webton Field Sports. We would like to say a big thank you for all the positive comments and support we have received about the changes we have made.

We have already bought some brand new laporte traps with 2 more arriving in the next couple of weeks and, as some of you have commented, we have installed a bolting rabbit trap. We also plan to put in a high tower and DTL/ Ball trap. Measures are being put in place to overcome the queuing although if you come after 1.30pm it is much quieter. The cafe will hopefully be fully up and running within the next 3 weeks so we will be able to serve hot food again aswell as teas and coffees and cold drinks and snacks. We will shortly have our website up and running, ribblebankfieldsports.co.uk, where you will be able to find more information.

It is a work in progress and we still have a lot to do before we get the club to how we invisage it, but we have thoroughly enjoyed meeting such lovely people over the last 2 weeks and are looking forward to seeing you back next week.

We are currently open every Sunday from 11am, shooting finishes at 3pm.

Thanks again for your support.

Sam, Lisa and the staff at Ribble Bank Field Sports.

My wife and I are the owners of Ribble Bank Field Sports, formerly Webton Field Sports. We would like to say a big thank you for all the positive comments and support we have received about the changes we have made.

We have already bought some brand new laporte traps with 2 more arriving in the next couple of weeks and, as some of you have commented, we have installed a bolting rabbit trap. We also plan to put in a high tower and DTL/ Ball trap. Measures are being put in place to overcome the queuing although if you come after 1.30pm it is much quieter. The cafe will hopefully be fully up and running within the next 3 weeks so we will be able to serve hot food again aswell as teas and coffees and cold drinks and snacks. We will shortly have our website up and running, ribblebankfieldsports.co.uk, where you will be able to find more information.

It is a work in progress and we still have a lot to do before we get the club to how we invisage it, but we have thoroughly enjoyed meeting such lovely people over the last 2 weeks and are looking forward to seeing you back next week.

Dun well with the place :good: me and the father inlaw (Clif norton) will now be regulars again :good:

You have massively improved the club, I certainly enjoyed shooting there two weeks ago with my brother and friend. It looks a lot more professional I think from what it was and with the additions of a ball trap and tower, it'll be ace.

Thank you, Dave.