.243 scopes

freerange13

Work out your budget first and go from there, foxing I like a fair bit of magnification but deer the scope rarely gets turned up much. An 8x56 is ideal if your budget is 3-400 giving good low light performance, if the budget is higher then you can get into the realms of variables

8 x 56 is good for foxing. I have a variable 56 but never use above 10 when lamping. Up the magnification and you loose light.

Second hand Hawke Sindwinder 56 wouldn't break the bank.

For years I used a Leopold 3 - 10 x 50 with no parallel adjustment and it was superb.

Just point and shoot.

I had a MTC Taipan on mine and it certainly did a job for me. Keep an eye out for a decent Zeiss Conquest. I picked mine up for just over your top end but I could have haggled better. Already mentioned is the Zeiss Duralyt. Bit economical in magnification but superb optics.

There's loads of options out there it's just a case of finding something that works for you and at the price you want to pay.

As mentioned on another thread by someone, everyone can recommend the scope they have and it's invariably the dogs danglies and perfect for the calibre and the only one to buy. But that's their opinion and may not be right for you.

It's taken me years to get the right scopes for my rifles and that includes taking the right scopes off to put RIGHTER scopes on then finding out I was wrong, and putting the old scopes back on and finding they don't work as well as they did before they were taken off.

It's a minefield. Best of luck.

As mentioned on another thread by someone, everyone can recommend the scope they have and it's invariably the dogs danglies and perfect for the calibre and the only one to buy. But that's their opinion and may not be right for you.

That almost needs its own sticky, if you read on here t3's would be the best rifles ever when fitted with an 8x56

Simple fact is they are a good budget setup which may mean they are the best suggestion but there are options that would change people's mind. For foxing I do like magnification an 8x56 is fine I used to have one and a mate now still does, but if we are sitting out I have to leave foxes to come in for him as he is no where near as confident at range as I am with a z6 with more magnification. I rarely recommend it as it is usually out of budget and that is where the mtc's and the likes come in reasonable scopes at higher magnification. When you are buying try and look through some options if possible in the field.