Vihtavuor Powder

I was going to get vitn140 as you can find load data for every make of bullet for it but the local shop only had it in 1kg tubs at £74, so had it give it a miss as money is short, by all accounts and the amount of data available in all bullet weights makes it seem a great powder to use,

I didn't see your application for it, but if you have a book load for it I am sure you will like it.

I use VVN540 in .17 Remington with 30's and it shines there.

Mainly 308 with 150 & 180gr FMJ heads and possibly 223 55gr FMJ & Soft point, obviously not ideal for the 223 but may give it a go when I run out of Vargnet.

Mainly 308 with 150 & 180gr FMJ heads and possibly 223 55gr FMJ & Soft point, obviously not ideal for the 223 but may give it a go when I run out of Vargnet.

Really if you are covering 2 bases it is most likely as good as Varget for those listed. Depending on your barrel twist you might shoot a heavier bullet in the .223 and have nirvana

I have used Vit powders practically exclusively for the last 10 years. N133, N120 and N150 is a variety of calibers. I understand that VIT are to cease production of these powders before long so once I have finished my current stocks I may be looking about for others.

A

It's only one plant in Vihtavuori Oy that's possibly closing or being sold, powders are made at several factories so don't worry about production ending.

Full Info here, http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/03/eurenco-statement-regarding-vihtavuori-oy-powder-plant/

And of course there's always the Swiss made TR140, almost identical to N140 and around £55/Kg, I use it in my 308 and get excellent results with it.

It's only one plant in Vihtavuori Oy that's possibly closing or being sold, powders are made at several factories so don't worry about production ending.

Full Info here, http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/03/eurenco-statement-regarding-vihtavuori-oy-powder-plant/

And of course there's always the Swiss made TR140, almost identical to N140 and around £55/Kg, I use it in my 308 and get excellent results with it.

i have been looking to try the TR 140 as i have been told that its a good powder and the same as N140 where do you get yours from.

PC1