Infos on pre-charged air rifles?

Nicoman

Hi everybody, :lol:

I would like to have some Informations about pre-charged air rifles.

1. Can anybody tell me or give me a Link how the pressure regulation works on this rifles? I mean the exact way how this valve (is it a Valve?) works, best when explained with Pictures too.

2. Is it possible to regulate the force the pellet leaves the barrel with it?

2. I want to buy a HW 100 from Weihrauch with a silecer, could i have some Links to good and cheap stores?

excuse my bad language, im from Germany and my schooltime is quite a while

away.

Nicoman

Hi there you can try Airgun Site for lots of info on all types of air rifles including the new Hw 100.As for places to buy a rifle,you should look no further than your own country Germany where these rifles are made,the power output of the Uk version will differ from the output of the same rifle sold in your country. B.A.R. and Chambers are good sites with information on specs and descriptions of rifles as well as other bits of kit.

As for the pics and explaining of the valve/regulation,it would be a bit long winded coming from me however they have a knock open valve and are generally so well ballanced you do not need a regulator although some rifles do have them,it is also possible to alter power on most types of precharged air rifle by altering the barrel length ,valve housing porting and valve stem spring or hammer spring.

clanchief

@clanchief

thx for your Answer!

Well I WANT the power output to differ from the ones in germany; thatswhy im posting in this forum and not in a german one :lol:. I just want to shoot at a longer Distance tham 20m...I think at 50m or so.

The adress for the Airgun Site is not accessible?

@ red_stag88

thx for your Answer!

could u send me the adress once more? (first time my Email Adress was incorrect) *blush*

Nicoman

Wow, cool,

thats what i ment.

Now i have another shameless question: :lol:

I would like to have an Airgun with following features:

-extreme precise (suitable for FT, hunting)

-very silent

-Caliber 5,5mm

-8-12 shot multiload

-150-350 m/s with heavy pellets adjustable

-big airtank (about 100 shots at high power should be possible)

-reload quick and easy

-supressor adaptable

-bipod adaptable

-scope adaptable

is there an airgun out there whitch fits those features or at lleast comes them near?

Firstly no-one uses 5.5mm for FT. There's no rule stopping you but no-one uses that caliber! You want a gun that'll do 10 to 50 ft/lb AND give 100 shots at the higher power. Would you like that gold plated too! The nearest you'll get is a Theoben Rapid MK2, which'll do about 40 shots at 50 ft/lb but you can always buy and carry a spare buddy bottle or two. Power is adjustable though not at the turn of a screw.

An Alternate is the Career which will hit about 80 to 90 ft/lb and has a power adjustment screw under the stock. Don't expect the adjustment range to encompass 10 AND 50 ft/lb though. Only guessing but at 50 ft/lb I'd expect 20 shots out of one.

No airgun is going to be totally silent at 50 ft/lb. They will shift a large volume of air. Only a Ripley FAC silencer will stand a chance.

For such a wide power range have you considered two guns. A 4.5mm 12 ft/lb er for FT though I'm not sure about the 12 ft/lb rule in Germany - it may be 6ft/lb but possibly up for change. Also a 50 ft/lb Rapid in 5.5mm

....You want a gun that'll do 10 to 50 ft/lb AND give 100 shots at the higher power. Would you like that gold plated too!.....

Well, in fact, gold plated wouldnt be that bad...furthermore it should be able of autoaiming and autoshooting so i can rest beside and wait till all the targets are done amd i get the cup. Oh, it should also be able of moving autonomuous and follow me so i dont have to carry it around... :lol:

no no, the Theoben Rapid MK2 is my rifle, thank you for the advice, have you shot with one of those?

• 3 weeks later...

There are always the lates Falcon ones to think of too.

Not really good on the high end, but the Ti series and their full-on FT versions are superb.

Power is going to be 12 ft/lbs for a standard one and I think that the number of shots from a T-bird is going to be about 100 in 4.5/.177.

Mine's the baby of the bunch (FN12 Raptor Lighthunter) and I get about 40 full power shots in .22/5.5 out of a 187 Bar charge.

Not sure this helps, but it's another option.

Wookie

Well, he wanted:

-extreme precise (suitable for FT, hunting)

-very silent

-Caliber 5,5mm

-8-12 shot multiload

-150-350 m/s with heavy pellets adjustable

-big airtank (about 100 shots at high power should be possible)

-reload quick and easy

-supressor adaptable

-bipod adaptable

-scope adaptable

The larger Falcons are very quiet, very accurate, come in .22, have an 8 shot mag, are within the velocity range (OK, just about and not so easily adjustable I grant you), have a large fixed resevoir, are very easy to reload, have three different types of moderator available and _love_ scopes.

Not so sure about the bipod though. I can't put one on mine, not enough wood in the stock.

My rifle gets listed as being for "Hunting" and they are totally right. It's perfect for that job.

Falcon may not be perfect, but they are an alternative.

Wookie