Mick Mcmanus, dead

fenboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it have been Jonny Kwango? Didn't he used to do a flying head butt as his signature move?

Used to get to stay up late on a Wednesday night to watch the mid-week wresting on Anglia telly.

masambula was the king of headbutts their were some personality's adrian street etc great TV.

KW

I used to go with my old man sometimes when I was a kid to brent town hall to watch the wrestling, I liked kendo Nagasaki and rollerball rocco the best , I can't remember the name of the black chap who used to do the karate moves but he got chucked out of the ring and landed on my lap one time :-)

Rip mick , not a bad innings though

that was 'Iron Fist' Clive Myers :yes:

Remember the haircut and the 'smoothing' gesture when he got really angry ?

Many a special moment in many personal histories, my own for one.

Considering his physique, the man did well to make it this far .

May he RIP.

RIP that man ,

I used to watch these guys wrestle on an evening in our local working mens club,

kendo - shirley - the twins - haystacks , etc ... an` all the rest of them , :ninja:

geesh - there used to get some weight on them there ropes and canvas :whistling:

... of course it was real :lol: ,,, they were bouncing round the ring thoroughly enjoying themselves and entertaining the crowds , showmanship style. :good:

we only had it on a sat afternoon,world of sport with dickie davies, brings back memories watching it every week with my late grandmother, she used to scream at the tv,,the good old days

mitsy muller, watched her a few times, she was on tv the other week still looked well for her age

snap , my granny loved the wrestling , we would all be shouting at the telly and debate if the wresting was real or staged lol.

my mate sold a horse to kendo nagasaki many years ago , he described it as a very strange meeting , my mate had to take the horse out of the horse box and ride it up and down a high street in the wimbledon area at 3am while kendo nagasaki watched lol , kendo was wearing his mask lol.

Billy Two Rivers another name from that time.

My Mother in Law was a real fan of them all, but hated Mick Mc Manus, it proved he done his job properly, 93 what an innings

Good Saturday afternoon veiwing, along with Motorbike scrambling and Rally cross

Then there was the good guy's the royal brothers..once stopped in manchester with my mate at his sisters house who used to run a B & B

a lot of the top stars used to stop there met quite a few.

That was 45 years ago once when at a party mick and a few others were there and he showed me some holds they didn't half hurt when he put a bit of pressure on :no::no:

RIP Mick,

EASY,EASY,EASY,EASY Big daddy was ace, they all were. What was Giant Hay Stacks bird called? The one who looked like a witch,

Happy Days they were, I had football on a Sat morning had a bath afterwards then sat down to a World of sport with Dickie Davies , after the wrestling I used to go out and play on my Grifter while my Dad watched the football results,

ATB

Flynny.