Ray Mears Alan Wood Knife for sale - the best you will find

malkiserow

Up for grabs is a genuine Ray Mears/Alan Wood Woodlore knife. This is a very fine example and really looked after. It is sharp with a fine point and ready to use.

These knives are much sought after by collectors and Bushcrafters. You may think "What's it doin' on 'ere then?" Well, you never know who is after one......

This one is what is considered to be the best Alan every made as it has slightly more shape in the handle so took longer to make. The scales ‘andle is VERY VERY birds eyed and the best I’ve ever seen.... as she has a few years on her there is a lovely honey colour as well.

Due to the 10 year waiting list and the vintage of this knife it ain't cheap, so it has to be at £550. This may seem unrealistic to the vast majority of folk on here, so I'd appreciate it if all thoughts/comments to that effect are just kept as thoughts and not posted. Moras are great, if you want a budget knife - buy a Mora!

Payment through bank transfer or cash on collection .... if it were me I’d get in the motor and take a peek before I shelled out my heard-earned but that is up to you..... Coventry area.

Naturally Over 18's only.

Pics up when I can sort a camera out

Edited by malkiserow

Just had a PM asking why I am selling it................... simples.

We have a new nipper on the way and will be selling loads of stuff to fund all that (blooming expensive!) baby equipment.

Its not for me, but I'd love to see some pics.

Good luck with the sale, and the new BB!

May seem blooming expensive but if your into your bushcrafting and had buckets of money then why not.

If I could afford it I'd have it without thinking bout it :-) .

Couldn't agree more mate, and if I had the money I'd have a Purdey or H & H shotgun even though I wouldn't expect them to make me shoot any straighter. But it is an expensive knife however you look at it but I am sure would be worth every penny.