ess pups

peejay

i have 4 ess girls left. theres 2 x black/white and 2 x liver/white. they have good 5 generation pedigree, many badgercourt lines..both parents are good workers, the mother i own, and father is of thornycourt gundogs, - not been tail docked, ready now( 6 weeks old) £275 each. and do better photos if anyone genuinley interested. and can send copy of 5 generation pedigree..

post-783-0-76709000-1369480756_thumb.jpg

most people dont want to see the tails docked, so if you have them docked the market is smaller.. i have had 3 litters from my 3 bitches (1 each) and i have had people put the phone down when you say the tails are docked,,

Edited by peejay

The market may be smaller but that larger market is for pet homes. Most people who want a dog for work won't look at them if they're not docked, just my experience with Cockers and Springers.

I go to country fairs and game fairs all over the country and 99 percent of the dogs have full tails they look better and that's working dogs

might look better but not on a shooting field covered in blood.

Nice to hear they have sold Peejay

I agree, although I think they look better docked anyway. I have seen some pretty horrific looking sights when spaniels have smashed the ends of their tails and are flicking blood everywhere. They usually have to have the tail amputated anyway. Better to spend a few quid as pups and save all that. You could probably get another £100 on the price as well.

Glad you found homes for them all, maybe this tail docking thing should have its own post.